Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFSC accommodation

Options
  • 25-12-2012 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi, Im starting work experience in (IFSC) Dublin and need to find somewhere to live within walking distance. Looking for somewhere within a price range of 400-500max! Any suggestions ??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

400-500 would be nowhere near the prices of apartments in IFSC area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

To share or to have by yourself? You'll get a studio/very small one bed in Dublin 1 that will be easy to walk to the IFSC from for that budget but it may not be the best area or nicest place. If you're looking to share you'll have a lot more choice of nice places

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Trader1991

To share or to have by yourself? You'll get a studio/very small one bed in Dublin 1 that will be easy to walk to the IFSC from for that budget but it may not be the best area or nicest place. If you're looking to share you'll have a lot more choice of nice places

Hi, yep im planning on sharing an appartment. Jus looking for a room. Ive looked at places in smith field and balls-bridge on daft.ie. Im just looking to get the right mix on location and apartment quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Trader1991 wrote: »
    Hi, yep im planning on sharing an appartment. Jus looking for a room. Ive looked at places in smith field and balls-bridge on daft.ie. Im just looking to get the right mix on location and apartment quality.

What sort of walk would you consider doable? Lots of places in Dublin are in what I would consider to be walking distance so you have your pick :) Big chunks of Dublin 1, 2, 4 & 7 would be walking distance to the IFSC (I'd also consider Dublin 8 & a lot of Dublin 6 to be walking distance but I don't mind up to an hours walk to work, you might prefer a shorter one)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

East wall could be doable on that budget, some parts can be a bit rough if you're not used to the area though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

What sort of walk would you consider doable? Lots of places in Dublin are in what I would consider to be walking distance so you have your pick :) Big chunks of Dublin 1, 2, 4 & 7 would be walking distance to the IFSC (I'd also consider Dublin 8 & a lot of Dublin 6 to be walking distance but I don't mind up to an hours walk to work, you might prefer a shorter one)

Going by that you'd have to include Dublin 3 and 9 too! :)

Might wanna try Castleforbes. Might get one sharing at that price but hosts tend to crank it up higher than it's worth in my experience when sharing with new people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭lau1247

Hi, Im starting work experience in (IFSC) Dublin and need to find somewhere to live within walking distance. Looking for somewhere within a price range of 400-500max! Any suggestions ??

Thanks!

http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=703410

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

lau1247 wrote: »

Yeah I saw that. would have been perfect but im starting work on the 14th jan and you cant move in there until February. Thanks though!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Janneke

Clontarf, Fairview?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Duberlin Chick

Thanks!

www.daft.ie/21296704

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Zuko123

Get somewhere close to the red luas line,then you don't need to be within walking distance, or even along the dart,

Hi,
    Ive decided to get a place with a couple of my friends in shandon Gardens, Phibsborough. I know its a good bit out from the IFSC but id prefer to live with people I know! Just wondering what the best route to work would be and how long it would take?. I presume id have to get a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Zuko123

Get a 122 on Cabra road takes u to o Connell st, it's about a 20 min walk from your place I'd say, or sign up to the Dublin bike scheme,there's a stand at the mater and one near the ifsc

Advertisement