Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what did i do today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

You'd be waiting a long loooooooong time to pick up a brand new/un-opened 8258 for €120!!!

I paid ~€200 and I thought that was a very good deal. I much prefer to buy new and be the first to build the set.

Ebay/amazon have a few new sets for crazy money. Bricklink prices are a min of €208 (not including postage but that store only delivers to the USA) with an average of €295!

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?S=8258-1

Great set though, highly recommend it. Got me slightly addicted now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Derek93

@Ninja, I find bricklink and other online prices are skewed when it comes to Ireland simply because our postage costs are way above average when it comes to shipping lego. To ship a unimog to the UK from Ireland will cost 40+ euro registered post, this makes reselling sets very hard when shipping is involved.

I would say a Irish seller would have a hard time getting e130 for a used 8258 from a buyer outside Ireland considering the shipping would increase the price into the 180 range.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Yeah I see what you mean about that, but on the flip side there are less of them available in the Irish market which will increase the cost. Bricklink is also skewed with the US prices, nearly always the cheapest available items are from the states ans that shipping will crucify us.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

the shipping + import duty and vat..ouch.

No I don't mean that, I mean if you look at bricklink all the cheapest items for sale are almost always from the US and are used in calculating average sale prices, the lower US prices will drag down the average price so in effect the EU average prices may be 10% or more higher that what bricklink is displaying as the average price.

• Advertisement

Ahh yes I see, damn yanks and there cheap VAT free lego.grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I said I would pay 120eu, that's how much it would be worth for me. I know it goes for more. It's a nice set, but no way I would pay 200eu for it second hand. Just no way, lads, sorry.

200eu will get me brand new crane with 2500+++ parts etc. 160eu ish would get me brand new unimog which is 2000++ parts and a lot nicer set if you ask me.

By the way, of red plates are exclusive to that set too? I was wondering why those prices are a bit off. I would love to get 10x of each color big plates for mocs. Specially white. I sow some fully white mocs and those look fantastic!

hmmm did they started offering Ninja turtles in Irish Lego.com store? Jaysus, those sets look bad! :eek:

What are they based on? Some new turtles cartoon series? The van is SHOCKING!

hmmm did they started offering Ninja turtles in Irish Lego.com store? Jaysus, those sets look bad! :eek:

What are they based on? Some new turtles cartoon series? The van is SHOCKING!

Turtles have some new cartoons out. Smyths had a load of the sets in today when iwas in there.

Well i finally got finger out and built 8109. Some people might be angry at me, but i think it is the best set i have built so far! :o

I really loved the whole build, plus the front panel of the of the truck is very damn clever. The way every single spot in truck is actually used out.

Well that is my favorite set so far. It looks damn cool too. This makes me want 42008 even more now!

DSC_1162_zps97949dbf.jpg

DSC_1163_zps40334bda.jpg

DSC_1164_zpsfdfdc3fd.jpg

DSC_1166_zps296ef819.jpg

DSC_1167_zps6a237fd7.jpg

• Advertisement

I have to admit I did not like the flatbed because of the scale compared to the other trucks like 8285, but looking at your pic with the 42006 excavator it looks nice at that scale.

o an btw Alien great flick.

Derek93 wrote: »
    I have to admit I did not like the flatbed because of the scale compared to the other trucks like 8285, but looking at your pic with the 42006 excavator it looks nice at that scale.

o an btw Alien great flick.

I actually though its going to be smaller. It is on a smaller side, but i really like the feel and sturdiness of the whole construction. Like i said, it optimises the whole construction and you dont have those who gaps in body like in 8070 for exaple.

Alliens awesome movie. I watched LOTR Two Towers when started built and then Allien. Now i am watching Alliens. Freaking legend of the film. Such a shame they fecked up the Coloniel marines Game :( . Damn, i even liked Prometheus. I know it had some Flows, but still good.

I am off today and waiting on postman... Still no sign of the bastard! :mad: Cant go to shower too...

I bet i will be here untill 13:00 and he wount come. Then tomorrow ill be back from work and find a piece of paper which says: "Oh sorry, we missed you! muahahaha"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Well i finally got finger out and built 8109. Some people might be angry at me, but i think it is the best set i have built so far! :o

I really loved the whole build, plus the front panel of the of the truck is very damn clever. The way every single spot in truck is actually used out.

Well that is my favorite set so far. It looks damn cool too. This makes me want 42008 even more now!

DSC_1162_zps97949dbf.jpg

The only thing I don't care for is the tiny wheels, otherwise a great set.

Got my amazon package today after all! Very happy! :D

It goes on my wall of "unbuilt lego". I might get Helms deep built on weekend. Will try get misses involved too!

Or i might wait for a bit and get that Extenction for helms deep. Quite skint lately. I wonder why...

DSC_1168_zps861a2d29.jpg

Sirpsyho. You lucky bugger! ;)

Well bought m8! It's a shamei don't get such lucky deals around my location. That is very good bargain.

I sent him a pm. Didn't want to announce the bargain he got until he had it in his hands. I already have 1, but for that price i'd buy 10.

I sent him a pm. Didn't want to announce the bargain he got until he had it in his hands. I already have 1, but for that price i'd buy 10.

Lets wait for offer to go through first. I don't want to jinx it now. :(

@ shadow..skint recently! I'm surprised your not single also :P

@ shadow..skint recently! I'm surprised your not single also :P

Aye. I am lucky so far. She is quite understanding and she knew what she is getting in the package 9 years ago! :D

I actually got kindle on nexus 7 last night and bough hobbit book. Started reading last night and could not put it down. Damn work :(. Have to go sleep early due to waking up at 4:00 in the morning.

• Advertisement

Sirpsyho. You lucky bugger! ;)

Well bought m8! It's a shamei don't get such lucky deals around my location. That is very good bargain.

One 8043 and one 8052 in my possession now :)

sirpsycho wrote: »
    One 8043 and one 8052 in my possession now :)

gratz m8. you got a real bargain there. Seller did not had a clue. how much you payed for truck though?

€35 for the truck

€35 for the truck

i hate you even more..... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

First time playing with some lego since being a kid. Have to say, it's great craic, and I think we're hooked now :D

We finished this one yesterday. Brilliant set, the detail in it is absolutely class. Not sure what to do with it now. Anyone up for swaps? :D

241907.jpg
    We didn't put the stickers on it, so it's fairly obvious that it's missing the VW logo on front!

241908.jpg

241909.jpg

241910.jpg

Camper is nice, pity about stickers, I know stickers are cheaper than printed bricks but tbh I would pay extra not to have stickers.

@Shadow, I think you have time on the unimog, I get the feeling its not going to retire anytime soon before the new flagship crane comes out, I'd say you will have another year before the Unimog disappears, it has been down to 125 euro on Amazon.it in the past.

I see the unimog can be gotten for €150 on amazon which is a decent price. Is the set worth it?

I see the unimog can be gotten for €150 on amazon which is a decent price. Is the set worth it?

Its a mixed bag, parts wise its great pneumatics and motor and giant wheels ect, 2100 parts..but the steering is terrible and its turning circle is stupidly big, it can be motorised to move and steer fairly easily using a xl and either a m or servo motor. Couple of vids on youtube showing how to rc it fairly fast.

Some people love it some people hate it, read the brickset reviews will help. I got mine for E130 on amazon so it can drop in price now and again.

A lot of stuff for sale on adverts.ie lately. It's a shame all of it in Dublin, like always.

Derek, are you quiting lego? So much stuff for sale.

• Advertisement

Nope, just selling some stuff thats taking up space, not pushed on if it sells or not.

Advertisement