Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Music to Itunes

• 25-12-2012 7:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭

Im going to wipe my laptop back to factory settings.
    I either would like to keep Itunes as it is but does not seem possible, all my music is saved on an external hard drive.

Is there a quick way to import all the music back into ITunes instead of having to click the songs one by one or small batches of songs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I'll presume you're using Windows so in your Music folder there should be an iTunes folder. Copy this folder to a safe location. Once you have installed your OS again install iTunes. Again go to your new Music folder and find the new iTunes folder, delete this one and replace with the on saved previously.

Start iTunes and your playlists should still be there but iTunes may not be able to find the actual music files. If this is the case, when iTunes says it can't find a file it will ask you to direct it to the music file. Once you've found the actual music file iTunes will ask if you want to use this location for other songs in your library. Click yes and hopefully iTunes should now be able to play all the songs from your external drive. You might need to repeat this for each of your playlists.

I'm a Mac user so not 100% sure if this will work on a Windows machine but it certainly works on Mac OS.

Ken

Advertisement