Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas lights to look at?

Options
  • 25-12-2012 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭

Are there any streets around with particularly pretty Christmas lights to look at? I'm thinking houses that have gone to particular effort, not commercial properties?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Castlepark...lotta lights up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,468 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

You have probably seen the boats in the Docks? Only three or four have done it but it does look nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Sorry don't know any in the city but if anyone out n' around the county has lil kiddies that would appreciate the lights, there's a fantastic house right-outside Tuam on the Galway Road on the right side, they go over and above and beyond every year and it's fantastic to look at, someone might know the exact house - I can't think of it at the minute. Another house is one next to Laraghmore Service Station, something similar to that one in Tuam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭ratracer

I'm a couple of days late replying here, but the lights in Thermo King, Mervue are very pretty, they seem to have gone to a lot of effort with them.

Also Clarinbridge have done a great job on the park in the village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

Haven't seen much Galway. Slightly surprised at that. Dublin seems to be where it's at. When we visited Granny in back home I took the kids round the estate to see the lights and she doesn't live in an area that goes all out.

But in some areas of Dublin you'd go blind with the all the bling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

These at two houses in Carn Ard, Circular Road.

38776F1DCEDC46E48900A8D22C17766B-0000324460-0003113899-01024L-F6AE1C41EBCB43179F5DAAD7646F9AF5.jpg

Advertisement