Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S3 high battery and data usage

Options
  • 25-12-2012 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭

I have an S3 on Meteor with 2GB data included.

Up until the last few days, one charge per day would do, but now it needs two charges. Also, I've been on my particular plan for nearly two years and today is the first time I've got a data usage warning. I have wifi at home and at work and have never been a heavy user.

My email is set to manually sync and check for mail.

I have swithced off mobile data to see if that improves battery usage.

Is there a way to check natively on the phone (not a third party app) what might be using my data?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

Battery usage is back to normal with mobile data switched off. Still don't know what data service is constantly on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Did you install or update any new app's recently?

Also if you aren't using wifi, GPS or Bluetooth leave them off as they'll eat through battery life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

try trafficstats or trafficinfo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Can you check your data usage and what applications that are being used you can switch them off or just knock them off as part of your usage. Surely they show up how much your applications is using up your data usage. That would use up a lot of battery and not just what you be doing yourself - texts/calls/net/social networking and so on.

Uninstall any apps that you don't use or not use much that you installed yourself. Save on memory and not drain on your batter too much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement