Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creative Refurb Speakers

• 25-12-2012 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭

Got a D100 delivered, great sound and fast delivery, half price, also it takes batteries for portability

D200 is also half price

http://en.store.creative.com/refurbished.aspx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

available on harvey normans new for 29 euro and free shipping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Only online, before anyones goes running off to the nearest store. The D200 is still €99.

I bought the D100 when someone posted a link here a couple of months ago. Great little speaker for the price, pairs seamlessly with all the devices I've tried so far, and while you won't host a block party with it the sound is easily enough to fill an average sized room. When I'm not using it for other purposes I leave it on mains and have it paired to the Revo HTPC attached to the telly — much better sound than the wired Logitech 2.1 speakers I originally had there (and which I paid the same price for).

Just to warn you, if you order direct from Creative — mine arrived in an outer box (filled with airbag padding) about the size of a 32" telly! :eek: Great protection, but it will probably have to be collected from your nearest PO unless someone is at home when the parcel arrives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

brightkane wrote: »
    Got a D100 delivered, great sound and fast delivery, half price, also it takes batteries for portability

D200 is also half price

http://en.store.creative.com/refurbished.aspx

Cheers ordered the D200 refurbs on Weds night, arrived first thing this morning.
    Just hooked them up to a few devices, BT took < 10 secs and also tried the 3.5mm audio in.
    Have to say I'm impressed so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Cheers OP, ordered the D100's yesterday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Cheers again OP, was looking for something like this and this is very cheap.

• Advertisement

Thanks OP

Just purchased one for the kitchen, was on the lookout for a handy speaker system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Recieved both the 100 and 200 while the 100 will take batteries, the sound quality out of the 200 is much better..

Both great devices...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Will put in an order for D100 later. Portability while providing a decent sound would be the deciding factor for me.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭lau1247

not everyone will be with vodafone but i recall seeing them for redeem if you're a vodafone customer with cherry points to use.. The D100 I mean..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭redscan

Word of warning. DO NOT plug the D200 power supply into the D100. It ended badly for the D100. Smoke and explosions!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

donegal11 wrote: »
    available on harvey normans new for 29 euro and free shipping

Back to 59.99 now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭djdunny

can someone clarify something for me. Im looking at getting the d200. can i just pair my iphone to the device and stream music or do i need the attachment? one the creative site they mention the attachment and it has put a bit of doubt in mind if i need it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭matchthis

djdunny wrote: »
    can someone clarify something for me. Im looking at getting the d200. can i just pair my iphone to the device and stream music or do i need the attachment? one the creative site they mention the attachment and it has put a bit of doubt in mind if i need it or not.

pretty sure that is for ipods that do not have bluetooth built in. Iphone would be fine....but then it does say on the link for the adaptor "1 The BT-D5 is compatible with iPod touch (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation), iPod classic (this refers to the 6th generation iPod or later), iPod nano (3rd, 4th 5th and 6th generation - iPod nano 5th generation's radio feature not supported), iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4."

Maybe an existing owne could clarify

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Mark 00

Does anybody know when you pair your phone to the speaker will it play radio to it or is it just your music it'll play from the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭brightkane

just tested my s3 with it and it worked fine with radio

djdunny wrote: »

They connect via BT, which I've done for a few primary devices.
    It also has an Aux In, so if you pick up a 3.5mm male to male phono lead you can connect via the headphone socket. I did find that Aux In route creates a little distortion, but that could be due to my crappy cable, I'm planning on picking up a better quality one.
    BT works great though, had it on for about 7hrs today connected to a BB PlayBook absolutely great, never dropped once and a nice meaty base sound to boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    They connect via BT, which I've done for a few primary devices.
    It also has an Aux In, so if you pick up a 3.5mm male to male phono lead you can connect via the headphone socket. I did find that Aux In route creates a little distortion, but that could be due to my crappy cable, I'm planning on picking up a better quality one.
    BT works great though, had it on for about 7hrs today connected to a BB PlayBook absolutely great, never dropped once and a nice meaty base sound to boot.

Would the D100 speaker be loud? I'm looking to plug my phone into it at work. Its a fairly noisy environment so I would need something with a bit of oomph but I dont want to spend a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭redscan

kendragon wrote: »
    Would the D100 speaker be loud? I'm looking to plug my phone into it at work. Its a fairly noisy environment so I would need something with a bit of oomph but I dont want to spend a fortune.

Having bought both the D100 and the D200 for Christmas presents, have to say the D200 sounds a lot nicer. It's better built and definitely has nicer bass.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Mark 00

Just put the D200 in my cart when I realised that postage is a tenner. At 50 it seemed like a decent deal. At 60 I'm not so sure.

What do people think? Is 60 for a bluetooth speaker still decent value?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I took one of each to cut out the carriage. Shipped today. Looking forward to playing with them, thanks for the tip OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I bought the D100 recently (to bring on an upcoming holiday) and I've been eyeing up the D200 as well. Is it much bigger in size than the 100?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

These are coming from the Netherlands btw, so don't expect overnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Any idea if this will work with iPad Bluetooth?

blastman wrote: »
    I bought the D100 recently (to bring on an upcoming holiday) and I've been eyeing up the D200 as well. Is it much bigger in size than the 100?

D100
    336 x 115 x 115 mm

D200
    406 x 101 x 93 mm

dahamsta wrote: »
    These are coming from the Netherlands btw, so don't expect overnight.

Got mine in 3 working days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I think you could buy something like this and play your music through any speakers with a standard 3.5" stereo jack input.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I think you could buy something like this and play your music through any speakers with a standard 3.5" stereo jack input.

Hmm, that does seem to say for use with paired BT headphones.
    Is it more of a Sender than a receiver if you get me?

Or would it work either way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Cheers OP, ordered the D100, shipped Tuesday so should hopefully have tomo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Any idea if this will work with iPad Bluetooth?

Bought the D100 for my son and it's working perfectly with both iPad and iPod. Might get another one for the kitchen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Got one from Harvey Norman for the same price and new. I am impressed with them, nice sound, working just fine with batteries too.

Got my D100 today, grand little speaker.. will come in handy for BBQ's etc. Was already using it outside while gardening earlier.

Anyone with the D200, is there a big difference in sound quality? Is there much more bass? Looking to get one to keep in the kitchen....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

The D100 arrived today and must say I'm very impressed.! Great purchase, thanks op :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

looks like they're sold out on the creative site and selling for 59.99 on Harvey Norman. is there anywhere else selling for under €30?

anyone got ny idea if you can Get one of these suitable for bathroom? ie Bluetooth and maybe ceiling mounted and waterproof/damp proof

brightkane wrote: »
    anyone got ny idea if you can Get one of these suitable for bathroom? ie Bluetooth and maybe ceiling mounted and waterproof/damp proof

Why not leave it on the floor where the steam can't reach (unless you're in a sauna)?

• Advertisement

would rather something hard wired and pernament

I wouldn't risk it on the ceiling as the moisture will get to it in the end. Try to find a place for it in the under the sink unit, you can always leave a drawer or door open while you feel the need to listen to music in the bathroom. Also, it's easy to make an electrical connection of some sort with the socket in the bathroom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

How much was delivery for the D200?

Is the outside plastic casing on the speakers new or old?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

nicol wrote: »
    looks like they're sold out on the creative site and selling for 59.99 on Harvey Norman. is there anywhere else selling for under €30?

It seems to be back in stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Allyall wrote: »
    It seems to be back in stock

Just the pink one... surprise surprise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

BeepBeep67 wrote: »

Cheers ordered the D200 refurbs on Weds night, arrived first thing this morning.
    Just hooked them up to a few devices, BT took < 10 secs and also tried the 3.5mm audio in.
    Have to say I'm impressed so far.
    Whats the rms power output of the speaker? cant find it in the specs in the op link

Cheers

Squ wrote: »
    Whats the rms power output of the speaker? cant find it in the specs in the op link

Cheers

I didn't find it either - but IIRC I read they were 18 watts.

Just found this on an Argos Q&A, 2 x 9 watts: http://answers.argos.co.uk/answers/1493-en_gb/product/014004/questions.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭clickhere

Thanks alot brightkane, just set up the speaker with bluetooth very impressed with the sound. Seen them today in harveys for €60. Thank again.

http://en.store.creative.com/bargains-corner/creative-d200-refurbished/618-21286.aspx

D200 is back in stock incase anyone is looking for one...

mine are still going a bomb

Advertisement