Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster Refunds

Options
  • 25-12-2012 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Am going to a gig in March with a friend, bought her a ticket for christmas present and just found out today her ticket got lost.

I was wondering is it possible to ask ticketmaster to cancel my order and issue new tickets with the same code? I still have the receipt and the numbers for each ticket.

Thanks all,

Michael

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

If you bought it online as a download - do a reprint.

If you bought it online and IT GOT LOST IN THE POST, you didnt get it, ring them and they will arrange a replacement.

If you bought it in a kiosk and walked away with the physical ticket, then you may be out of luck. As I recall they won't reprint them, but you could ask.

It doesn't hurt to ask though, you may be surprised.

Good luck and let us all know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I bought them online, the two tickets were delivered to my door but when I sent her's off to her home address it got lost.

I'll try contacting ticketmaster, who knows I might just get lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

karaokeman wrote: »
    I bought them online, the two tickets were delivered to my door but when I sent her's off to her home address it got lost.

I'll try contacting ticketmaster, who knows I might just get lucky.

Hang on a second here. While I am not encouraging dishonestly, If the tickets are not received, then they will replace them, i.e. lost in the post, they will reprint them.

If you ring them up and ask when are they coming as they are for a gift, they will say we sent them. If you say they must be lost in the post, they will sort you out. You dont have to say they were reposted and lost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Hang on a second here. While I am not encouraging dishonestly, If the tickets are not received, then they will replace them, i.e. lost in the post, they will reprint them.

If you ring them up and ask when are they coming as they are for a gift, they will say we sent them. If you say they must be lost in the post, they will sort you out. You dont have to say they were reposted and lost!

Solid advice.

For a 5er commission per ticket or whatever extortionate fee they tack on these days you'd think they would at least extend their customers the courtesy to look after them in such a situation, but they don't.

Nor do they spend anything on registered post, so the above is the only way you'll get a re-print I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

My friend just found her ticket, relieved:D.

Thanks to all for the advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Mr.S wrote: »
    Ring TM, say tickets got lost, they will cancel the tickets they sent out so they become useless when scanned.

They will then hold 2 tickets for you at the box office, which you then pick up on the night. Usually you need the credit card used to book the tickets, but depends on the venue - Some will just accept ID with the right last name.

This.

(for future reference)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

i got two standing tickets for example as an xmas present, id rather be seated. as far as i know its not sold out, would ticketmaster ever allow a swap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

srm23 wrote: »
    i got two standing tickets for example as an xmas present, id rather be seated. as far as i know its not sold out, would ticketmaster ever allow a swap?

You can't sit at an Example gig ;)

Advertisement