Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyfermot VS IADT portfolio

• 25-12-2012 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello there,
    I'm applying to Ballyfermot and IADT and possibly CDCFE for animation courses, and I have no idea when are the dates for portfolio submissions, and what to even put in a portfolio. I'm completely and utterly stuck for things to put in it. my drawing skills are decent, but I'd love some tips and/ or advice on stuff they like to see and things that are no no's.
    Please help,
    very stressed student,
    Gabi. :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Have you called them up and asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LukeF96

I got a mail from CDCFE and they gave me a list of what is Expected and what is optional for your Portfolio.

Your Portfolio of artwork could include some of the following:
    • Observational drawings, organic or man-made objects.
    • Examples of creative writing, storyboarding, comic book designs and or character design for animation.
    • A Drawing or painting of a land/sea or urbanscape.
    • Photography, a sample of images.

Optional:
    • Digital media in print format only. print outs of any digital artwork or web based work you have completed.
    • Sample Images of any other art/design work 2D or 3D that you feel would be relevant.

The Portfolio should be presented flat in an A4, A3, A2, or A1 size format.
    or
    You can make a porfolio out of hard card if you have not access to one.

Advertisement