Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Harvey Norman doing their mad St. Stephens Day Sale?

Options
  • 25-12-2012 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭

I know some bargain hunters work there and have tipped off tomorrow earlier this month in a thread, but it has been very quiet.

Anyone got an update? Do I get up early?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 647 ✭✭✭dropkickrugby

I know some bargain hunters work there and have tipped off tomorrow earlier this month in a thread, but it has been very quiet.

In answer to your two questions-

Harvey Norman have a sale on - don't they always? Every time I go in I see overpriced crap that's cheaper almost everywhere else - online and in the likes of power city and DID.

Second, I'm not sure if you get up early, but I wouldn't bother if I were you. Enjoy your christmas evening I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

I was on the website ten minutes ago and now its being updated. Looking for a smart 3D tv myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

Coudnt agree more with previous poster...mad sale in HN equals regular price elsewhere online...

enjoy ur x mas..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I genuinely thank you all for replying on the night that's in it.

Have a great evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭LK KID

first like 20 people in store get great deals like tvs 42" for 100e and different stuff like that.wont be addvertised but is used to bring customers in.
    yad have to be there for about 8am,thinking of goin myself,need new tv

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I wouldn't even go to bed if I were you, OP. Get the sleeping bag out and get down to your nearest Harvey Norman, ASAP. You know it makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

juan.kerr wrote: »
    I wouldn't even go to bed if I were you, OP. Get the sleeping bag out and get down to your nearest Harvey Norman, ASAP. You know it makes sense.

I think he'll need a sleeping bag and a time machine now...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Dum dee dum dee dum*

*awaits bargain alert:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭ongarite

They are doing a Dyson DC29 vacuum for 150e. Seems to be 20-30 cheaper than the other retailers. All seem to be selling off the 2011 model at reduced price.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Was down there earlier to pick up a new microwave as our old one died a painful death during the week. I asked did they not have the 'mad haggling sale' of years gone by and yer man said 'no, not officially', but happily knocked another €15 off the sale price for me, so if you're heading in, be sure to try and wrangle a haggle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 aus570

Single Oven ZANUSSI ZOA35502 XD - 279 euros, best deal that I can see in the Harvey Norman store. (was 356-378 euros).

there are some good deals on the microwave oven also.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,482 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ongarite wrote: »
    They are doing a Dyson DC29 vacuum for 150e. Seems to be 20-30 cheaper than the other retailers. All seem to be selling off the 2011 model at reduced price.
    Wouldn't recommend a Dyson. Hear awful complaints from family about them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Any good tv deals dya's know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

ted1 wrote: »
    Wouldn't recommend a Dyson. Hear awful complaints from family about them

Have a Dyson a good many years now still going strong I think they are awesome. I wouldn't buy outside of Dyson or Miele.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ellamm

Out of curiosity, do they happen to sell Elgato Game Capture HD's?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

Any deals on washing machines or beds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 chris1daly

was buying a tv in harvey normans last year and it was 550 but there was signs up everywhere for there st patricks day weekend sale so i said id come in at the weekend and see was it any cheaper, so came in and to my amazment it was 50 euro dearer i was shocked and went to the sales person and said it was 550 last weeked, he said he would give it to me for the 550 so i said where is the sale so then and he just shruged his shoulders, absolute disgrace in my eyes would never go back there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

chris1daly wrote: »
    was buying a tv in harvey normans last year and it was 550 but there was signs up everywhere for there st patricks day weekend sale so i said id come in at the weekend and see was it any cheaper, so came in and to my amazment it was 50 euro dearer i was shocked and went to the sales person and said it was 550 last weeked, he said he would give it to me for the 550 so i said where is the sale so then and he just shruged his shoulders, absolute disgrace in my eyes would never go back there again.

I was buying a laptop,and had the same experience,they rarely have any decent sale items

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

No real bargains to speak of in Airside...just the usual big sticker boards with sale written on them.

I heards 2 couple mumbling out loud the same thoughts as myself..."lets go somewhere else for a bargain".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Yes, this year was completely different to last year.
    Thanks to boards last year, I got a 32 LCD Samsung for EUR200, as I was there at 9am.
    This year, they only had the offers that they put up online. I needed another TV, but wanted either a Samsung or Panasonic SMART TV for under EUR500.
    Was there at 9am. They had a few pallets of LG TV's which seemed to sell quickly. However, the TV I wanted was EUR70 more then in Currys, DID or Powercity. They only had the one on display, and could not compete on price, so I walked.
    I picked it up elsewhere, but needed a dongle which HN had so I went back an hour later. However, they had them at EUR90. When I told them they where much cheaper elsewhere, they reduced it by EUR20, but I said no thanks. Was EUR10 cheaper in DID. The second time I was in, I noticed there were very few people buying anything.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement