Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

airsoft pistol

• 25-12-2012 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi ladies and gents,

I hope everybody is having a great christmas.My question is im looking to get a pistol to add to my load out.Im not sure which to get either green gas or co2,fixed slide abs or metal slide.I was hoping to get some advice on which i should purchase as i cant decide.My budget is 150euro

Thank you in advance
    Patrick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

any particular type you like? ie 1911, glock, baretta ect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭airwolf08

thermo wrote: »
    any particular type you like? ie 1911, glock, baretta ect
    Hiya i like glock or beretta bt also like p99 but dont have the cash at the minute to get that think its 200 pn airsofteire.im hoping to spend around 150 and get sumthimg reasonable

hobbyairsoft had several types of glocks and beretta types in, maybe give them a try?
    i got a pt92 off them and its brilliant, cant fault it, and several guys i know got the we glocks which seemed to be great bits of kit.

hobbyairsoft had several types of glocks and beretta types in, maybe give them a try?
    i got a pt92 off them and its brilliant, cant fault it, and several guys i know got the we glocks which seemed to be great bits of kit.
    Are they co2 or green gas

which? afaik, the glocks are green gas, and the beretta's are a mix some are co2 and some models are green gas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

airwolf08 wrote: »
    Are they co2 or green gas

I had a Berreta which i bought of hobby for ages (about a year and a half) I finally sold it as I changed a few things in my loadout but it literally never failed
    I had this one:
    http://www.hobbyairsofter.com/Airsoft-Pistols/CO2-Pistols/Taurus-PT92

Although I changed the outer barrel for a non threaded one. There is a black version of it too. Both the black and green one i linked there take CO2 mags and green gas mags (the green gas mags look better as they sit nicer but the the CO2 ones obviously perform better :)). I've never had a Glock but heard some very good reviews of the WE Glock series :) just have hand on experience with the M9's :)

On a side note, i noticed you where looking for a PT99, hobby sell them for 150 too :)

T4RGET wrote: »

I had a Berreta which i bought of hobby for ages (about a year and a half) I finally sold it as I changed a few things in my loadout but it literally never failed
    I had this one:
    http://www.hobbyairsofter.com/Airsoft-Pistols/CO2-Pistols/Taurus-PT92

Although I changed the outer barrel for a non threaded one. There is a black version of it too. Both the black and green one i linked there take CO2 mags and green gas mags (the green gas mags look better as they sit nicer but the the CO2 ones obviously perform better :)). I've never had a Glock but heard some very good reviews of the WE Glock series :) just have hand on experience with the M9's :)

On a side note, i noticed you where looking for a PT99, hobby sell them for 150 too :)
    The bond gun is it i havent seen it on their site im goin for a we m9 wit co2 mag bt it can take green gas too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

airwolf08 wrote: »
    The bond gun is it i havent seen it on their site im goin for a we m9 wit co2 mag bt it can take green gas too

oh p99, sorry thought that said pt99, my bad, read it too fast :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cockers21

it depends on the climate you play in a cold climate co2 as green gas freezes very fast also make and model you prefer also changes the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

We make co2 mags for their glocks but they might be hard to get. I think I heard someone say the aps co2 pistol mags might fit the WE glocks too. We make a g17 and g18c among others. Those two are semi auto and full auto respectively.

I use a kwa g17 and I really like it but I usually use it with the ratech co2 mag which is good but hard to get and expensive.

Glocks are good pistols are they are accurate and can be fired fast when you practice and get used to them.

Green gas can be good indoors but not so great outdoors. And some green gas pistols will be better on gas anyway. When storing green gas mags leave a little gas in them. It helps the seals so it won't start leaking.

Co2 works better in colder temperatures so it works the beat outdoors and can be used indoors too. You should not leave a co2 capsule in the mag when not in use. The capsule should be removed. Co2 is higher pressure than green gas and keeping the capsule in can wear down seals and reduce their lifetime.

Fixed slide pistols are efficient because that don't move the slide with each shot and they won't lock the slide back on the last BB. Co2 fixed slide can get over 100 shots per capsule. Less moving parts mean that they can last a long time also. Unlike green gas, co2 does not have silicon oil mixed in so the pistol has to be lubricated more often.

Blowback pistols are more fun with the slide moving with each shot and the slide locks back when the mag is empty. They operate similarly to real pistols with buttons and levers doing the same thing. Because of the moving slide using gas they will not allow as many shots per fill of gas.

Running costs. Green gas uses a large can usually costing 10-15 euro. Keeping the can from getting cold can increase how many mags you can fill before you need a new one. Depending on how often you use the pistol will effect how long it lasts. From one week of shooting everyday to a few months from shooting occasionally. Co2 is powered by capsules which usually cost €1 each or less if you but enough together. The capsule will last a few mags and must be removed after use so you are using at least one capsule per day of gaming.

Semi auto will allow you to fire more shots before running out of gas than full auto. This is due to the cool down effect which is the build up of cold over use. Firing slower causes less of this effect and firing fastened it worse. Different pistols will handle this effect better or worse and co2 will feel it less anyway.

That should hopefully cover everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Just to add to that comprehensive post; with blowback pistols the material of the slide and it's weight also has a bearing on gas efficiency. A TM pistol, or a Maruzen Walther PPK for example having ABS slides will fare better than something with a metal slide, and an aluminium slide will get better mileage than a steel slide generally speaking. The valve/gas system will also dictate efficiency.

Some pistols are, however, just dogs and you'll just need to ask someone else to find out first.

Now, if you'll all excuse me... It's only 19.20 and this pub is about to kick off so time for me to rescue my pint!

Advertisement