Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming in the US - suddenly no service on any operator

Options
  • 26-12-2012 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

I've a 2 week old bill pay iphone 5.

Am in the US for a few weeks. Arrived last Friday. When I got in the phone automatically switched onto AT&T no problem and roaming worked perfectly. Was able to make and receive calls.

As of today, I'm sunk. The phone just says 'no service'. Went into manual operator selection and can see AT&T, Sprint etc. I can pick any of them and a tick appears beside them - but they never connect. There is no error message, no rejection. Just nothing. The 'no service' message stays in the top left corner.

I just did a full reset there - erased all settings and content, removed sim and set up as a new phone.

And still nothing. It's able to connect via wifi and restore my iCloud backup but I still have no reception with any network.

And cos it's one of the new smaller bloody iphone 5 sims, I can't either test another sim in my handset or try my sim in another handset.

Can anyone advise here? Is this an operator or handset problem?

I'll try and call emobile customer care tomorrow but I hit the road again and this is a serious inconvenience.

All assistance most appreciated.

:(

Quad

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

quad_red wrote: »
    I've a 2 week old bill pay iphone 5.

Am in the US for a few weeks. Arrived last Friday. When I got in the phone automatically switched onto AT&T no problem and roaming worked perfectly. Was able to make and receive calls.

As of today, I'm sunk. The phone just says 'no service'. Went into manual operator selection and can see AT&T, Sprint etc. I can pick any of them and a tick appears beside them - but they never connect. There is no error message, no rejection. Just nothing. The 'no service' message stays in the top left corner.

I just did a full reset there - erased all settings and content, removed sim and set up as a new phone.

And still nothing. It's able to connect via wifi and restore my iCloud backup but I still have no reception with any network.

And cos it's one of the new smaller bloody iphone 5 sims, I can't either test another sim in my handset or try my sim in another handset.

Can anyone advise here? Is this an operator or handset problem?

I'll try and call emobile customer care tomorrow but I hit the road again and this is a serious inconvenience.

All assistance most appreciated.

:(

Quad

Hi Quad,

I have responded to your post on the eMobile forum in regard to this.

I have escalated this issue onto our technical team to be investigated.
    As soon as I get an update on this I will let you know.

I can see that you have been requested to switch your phone to airplane mode for 15 minutes and then manually search a network has this resolved the issue for you?

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Hi Grainne,

I've replied.

But, as discussed, this does nothing.When the phone is taken off flight mode, it says 'searching' for 3/4 seconds. Then nothing.

Go into manual and you get the following selection. It automatically selects AT&T and highlights it. But whether you select that or another network the result is always the same - nothing.

It just sits there like this.

1f9xc2.png

Advertisement