Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would I look silly if I showed up for work experience in scrubs

• 26-12-2012 3:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

I will be going to work at a vets soon as park of my animal care course. I've wanted to be a veterinary nurse for as long as I can remember and that's what I'm working towards. As a cute/funny gift my parents bought me scrubs. I haven't even organised a vets yet but would I look silly if I showed up wearing it? Like I'm trying too hard? I know I'm probably just over thinking it, but I know most people just go wearing ordinary clothes.

Here's a picture, it's really cute, which is mostly why I want to wear it :P

http://www.pulseuniform.com/stylepic/zoom/CH-4826CTE.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I'm in final year vet nursing about to start placement in jan and we have to wear scrubs, college rules, so I'm sure the vets would be used to having students in scrubs and it wouldn't be silly looking though in saying that ours are just plain navy with the college logo and b.sc veterinary nursing written on the front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Why not just bring them with you and you can change into them if it seems alright?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

They are adorable!

Id suggest either bring them and change into them. Or ring in advance and ask what is appropriate to wear.

Good luck with your career choice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Wear them! I'm a vet nurse student too and I always wear my funky scrubs. :) Whatever makes you happy, is what I say. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

Thanks all, I guess I'll just ask them is there anything specific they want me to wear and if not can I wear it :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement