Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Scope

• 26-12-2012 3:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a suitable scope for 50m benchrest target shooting. Especially looking for links where I can buy one. www.shoot.ie don't seem to have anything suitable. At the moment i'm using a basic hunting scope which isn't up to the job. What kind of magnification should i be looking at and where might i find one ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭syconerd

pm sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Scalachi

What type of Benchrest shooting are you interested in ?

IS is a max of 6.5 power, where LV and HV have no limits.

And will you still use the gun for hunting ?

Regards

DB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭clivej

Well I just picked up a Bushnell 3200 elite 5-15x40 mil dot, with tactical turrets, for a soon to get CZ varmint .22lr.
    The rifle will be used for both IS (International Sporter) with a weight limit of 8 1/2lb and max zoom of 6.5 and hunting rabbits.

This setup will just scrap under the weight limit and the scope will be perfect for hunting as well.

If your looking for a scope for Light Varmint and /or Heavy Varmint then I see a lot of lads with March scopes (http://marchscopes.com/bench-rest.html) and Weaver Target fixed x36 scopes

Advertisement