Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is Clara?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I wasn't too far off myself... Makes a nice change. :)
    Wibbs wrote: »
    I've been kinda reminded of Rose a bit particularly the bad wolf stuff where after she gets all godlike and such she puts messages through time to save oul Up North Doc (and later on IIRC flash Harry Doc), what if Clara is doing the same, but instead of graffiti and the like is putting herself across time to save bowties are cool(no, really they're not) Doc? Bad Wolf (kinda)= Run you silly boy, and remember.

IMH this was a bit of a Bad Wolf revisit. Only he snogged someone else this time and didn't regen :) Nothing wrong with that BTW. Might make the 50th interesting as both Clara and Rose have spread themselves(missus!) through time to save our hero.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hey, I wasn't too far off myself; ultimately it wasn't that hard to predict, in the sense that it was always a safe guess that the reveal would involve some combination of timey-wimey complexity :D

I guess the tricky part we weren't sure of was the 'why' of it all...
    pixelburp wrote: »
    I guess that's the part of you that forgot the Doc & Clara kissed ;) For that alone I hope she isn't his daughter!

My own theory, mentioned in the episode thread itself, is that Clara's the one person, whose consciousness is split (but shared) across time & space. The old-series story "City of Death" did something very similar, where the bad guy was fractured across time; the same guy, occupying different time periods.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

Ok so I have a theory about Clara. It's probably a but tin foil hat area but it's got to do with things that happened in The Name of The Doctor and Hide and thought I'd share it. I'm going to put in in spoilers just to be safe because while it isn't information on future events it is kind of a theory. If I'm wrong to do so tell me and I'll edit it. Just better to be safe than sorry!
    Ok so I mentioned this in The Name of The Doctor's episode discussion thread but I thought I'd move it here as it is the Who is Clara thread. I think there have been clues that Clara and River are related. These are my reasons:

In TNOTD we are told that the mental links can only be kept opened across space and time when the person is asleep. Yet Clara and River are still linked when Clara is awake. However in Hide we are told that that a family link makes psychic links more powerful

"That's why the psychic link was so powerful. Blood calling to blood. Out of time. Not everything ends"

In the goodbye between The Doctor and River she asks him to think why her and Clara's link is still open and The Doctor seems puzzeled by this and asks why to which River replies spoilers.
    Some people say that River is just trying to say that Clara is still alive but if this was the case surely she'd reassure him and also I dont think the doctor doubts she's alive, he knows shes somewhere in his scar its being able to get her out that he is worried about.
    Also I find the use of spoilers intriguing. For The Doctor and River spoilers has always refered to something in the other future that one has knowledge of but the other doesnt. So because of this I think River knows a secret that the Doctor wont learn till later. Because of the link thing I think its that she's related to Clara.

As to the exact relation I think we're looking at niece or grand niece depending on the amount of generation between where the Ponds went back to and Clara's present day.
    I prefer this idea over The Doctor's and Rivers child because that child would have some time ladyness and so the Doctor would spot her but a niece would be perfectly human and normal so The Doctor couldnt pick up on anything.

I like this idea for lots of reasons but mainly because it will be away to learn more about Amy and Rory and their life without the Doctor ever actually going back, it also ties in the Hide episode nicely to the story arc.

So that's my theory...what ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I don't know why we're still using spoiler tags but I guess I'll err on the side of caution.
    The Clara and River being related theory to explain why River stuck around. Having one of the Clara copies being Amy or Rory's ancestor could be a way to explain that alright. I have another possible explnation. Just watching the last episode again, the Doctor links Clara to the TARDIS telepathically to get the co-ordinates for Trenzalore from her memory. Maybe River was connected to the TARDIS.

That could make sense because we do know River said at least the TARDIS can still hear me when she said the Doctors name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I don't think they are related it's more likely due to the telepathic link to Clara that got interrupted and amplified when the TARDIS found out where The Doctor want to get her to go.

The TARDIS starts fighting back while she is still physically connected.
    And River seems to have a close link with the TARDIS more then The Doctor in been able to "control" her better and then dying with her over and over across all time and space.
    I don't know why we're still using spoiler tags but I guess I'll err on the side of caution.
    The Clara and River being related theory to explain why River stuck around. Having one of the Clara copies being Amy or Rory's ancestor could be a way to explain that alright. I have another possible explnation. Just watching the last episode again, the Doctor links Clara to the TARDIS telepathically to get the co-ordinates for Trenzalore from her memory. Maybe River was connected to the TARDIS.
    bradyle wrote: »
    That could make sense because we do know River said at least the TARDIS can still hear me when she said the Doctors name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

She's clearly the Rani.

But he can sense other time lords/ladies

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

bradyle wrote: »
    But he can sense other time lords/ladies

Only when it suits the plot.

Also, he was joking :)

Also, he was joking :)

Yea realsied that the second I did the message...not a great day...hungover me doesnt function well...there's chocolate everywhere...I only had one bar like...

• Advertisement
Advertisement