Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem

Options
  • 26-12-2012 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I have changed provider on 30th November to Eircom and I still have not received my Modem from Eircom. I lost my connection on Christmas Eve from Vodafone and am left with no broadband until I get the Modem.
    What is going on with my Modem, connection and when will I get this sorted.

Regards Hugh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

you can change the settings on the modem to eircom settings to get the broadband back working until new modem arrives, but the vodafone modem is probably going to have better wireless then the eircom one, call the support centre and they might be able to help you configure the modem with eircom settings

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭hughowen

Thanks, I was hoping that the new Eircom Modem would be better than the Older Vodafone one which keeps on cutting out and having to restart every few hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

Same is happening with our Vodafone modem every morning at around 5am. Plug it out and plug it back in and it works again for another 23 hours. Would love to get my hands on a Netopia Eircom modem.

I have no broadband. I am waiting for Eircom to get their act together and send me my Modem.
    Ordered from salesman at the door on 30th Nov now a month later and still nothing, I told the guy that there would be too much hassle to change over and he guaranteed me there would be nothing go wrong. I wish these guys would be held responsible for the sales when it does go wrong.
    Vodafone blame Eircom and Eircom blame Vodafone and I have no broadband........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

hughowen wrote: »
    I have changed provider on 30th November to Eircom and I still have not received my Modem from Eircom. I lost my connection on Christmas Eve from Vodafone and am left with no broadband until I get the Modem.
    What is going on with my Modem, connection and when will I get this sorted.

Regards Hugh

Hi Hugh
    apologies that you have not received your new modem yet. This would normally be out to you within 10 working days.
    Can you PM me your tel number and account no. and I will chase this for you.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Was told by Eircom that I will definately have my Modem by today Monday 31st December. I am not surprised that I still have not received this and knew on the day I rang I would not get it but the guy just wanted rid of me easily.
    A disgrace to Eircom and as far as I am concerned Eircom have broken my contract, 30th November until at least 2nd January and counting to wait for my Modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Ordered from salesman at the door on 30th Nov

Mistake No. 1.
    I told the guy that there would be too much hassle to change over and he guaranteed me there would be nothing go wrong.
    Mistake No. 2. You believed him. These generally aren't Eircom employees, they're agency and work on commission and lie through their teeth to get a sale.
    I have no broadband.

Am I understanding this right? You have no broadband because the service has been disconnected and you have no DSL light?
    or
    You have no broadband because you don't want to change the settings in the old Vodafone modem and have the slight inconvienience of restarting every couple of hours?

Yeah, mistakes are right. I will never buy from the door again, lesson learnt there. I have changed the settings on the Vodafone Modem but the problem is that when it does cut out every couple hours it could take 3 or 4 hours to come back and then it might only last 1 or 2 hours.
    That was one of the reasons that I changed to Eircom and to save €3 a month which was certainly not worth the hassle

To Eircom Tony..

any news on this Eircom are giving me no help on this matter

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056839542

I have spent the last hour and half trying to get help in finding where my Modem is, on 1901. Have ref number of 3919919CH
    Everytime I get through I have to hold and then 10 mins in I get cut off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 garyp1996

I have a F2000 wifi modem and i was wonder can i connect usb hard drive to it and be able to upload and download files to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

garyp1996 wrote: »
    I have a F2000 wifi modem and i was wonder can i connect usb hard drive to it and be able to upload and download files to it
    Hi garyp1996, 

The F2000 modem would not have the ability to upload or download files to it. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement