Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Pharmacies In/Around Balbriggan Open?

Options
  • 26-12-2012 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any pharmacies in and around the Balbriggan area that may be open, anywhere in Drogheda? The little lady has come down with some pretty major flu/sinus trouble etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Seems one might be open in the Pavillions in Swords.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Tesco is open until 7 today - I presume their pharmacy will be open also (although I suspect you may already have headed off to Swords by now)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Chandee in Skerries is open on Christmas day, so I'd say there's a good bet he's open over the whole holiday season. He's not Christian / doesn't celebrate Christmas and he said to us before that he hates the idea of kids going sick because pharmacies are closed. Think he nearly always has people waiting outside his shop on Christmas day since he's about the only place open.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I doubt very much that it is the thought of Sick kids that has the shop open on Christmas Day, but rather the opportunity to exploit the fact that other pharmacies are closed on the day. Most businesspeople would do similar if they spotted a 'Gap in the market'.

Call me Mr Cynical, but it is not philanthropy at play here, but business acumen.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I think that's a harsh and cynical appraisal. He's a lovely guy and said to me that the thought of kids being in pain bothered him and since he didn't celebrate the day he didn't see why he shouldn't open. He had no reason to say that to us. We have been using him for over 10 years so he knows we won't change. He could have just said nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'm not having a dig at anyone, but recent posts here & articles in the local Media would lead one to believe that there was no other decent pharmacist in the town. I just wish to point out that this is not the case. He is a businessman, not a Saint. But, fair dues to all long-term happy customers.

I'll leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Well many thanks for all the replies. She/we managed to drive to Swords. She was heading into Boots but I persuaded her to go into McCabes- I presume that's Irish run?

Anywhoo she got what she needed but it didn't help- damn flu!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Well many thanks for all the replies. She/we managed to drive to Swords. She was heading into Boots but I persuaded her to go into McCabes- I presume that's Irish run?

Anywhoo she got what she needed but it didn't help- damn flu!

Chicken soup!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I persuaded her to go into McCabes- I presume that's Irish run?

Yes. All pharmacy chains here except Boots, Tesco and Unicare/DocMorris are Irish-owned (unless I've missed one popping up).

Advertisement