Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Newcastle match thread.27 Dec.k/o 3pm Online/Foreign tv only

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

Funny when Utd's class shine through and win all they have left is to complain about how our manager complained to an official or something similar. There's always some little side thing to bang on about. Anything we do aside from winning is magnified

Would be interesting to hear a psychologist's perspective on it. Probably something to do with not being able to stomach the success Utd almost constantly achieves. It mostly comes from Liverpool fans

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

niallo27 wrote: »
    Utd fans proving again not only are they bad losers, they are even worse winners. Not all of them mind you.

This makes me even happier. Thank you.

darced wrote: »

You mad mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Why would you ruin my christmas like that, darced? why??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Someone needs to call a whambulance for Darced and Niallo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

J. Marston wrote: »

...you mean that kinda wham right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

If newcastle play like that more regularly then they will fly up the table. It's hard to understand how they can be so far down the table when they are capable of performances like that

I don't think they played that well, I just utd were very poor, they seem to play at the same level of the opposition lately but do enough to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

By the sounds of it some of you need to find a easy chick in a club tonight to let out all that anger.

and Stephens night is as good as any.

Just some advice.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »

I couldn't give a ****e, just calling it as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,789 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

cambo2008 wrote: »
    It's just an "up yours" to all the muppets that descend on our match thread when things are not going well.
    What do you expect when you have to read that bollox every time?
    You reap what you sow.
    :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

niallo27 wrote: »
    I don't think they played that well, I just utd were very poor, they seem to play at the same level of the opposition lately but do enough to win.

I'd agree with Niallo there.
    We were absolutely atrocious until Cleverley came on IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

padd b1975 wrote: »

Yes, OUR team were playing. It's not rocket science. If that's what you're clinging too give up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Match threads involving United. Not that hard to work out.

• Advertisement

Kids? Man you are angry and a sick puppy. Get out Jimmy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Only seen bits and pieces of the match. Can someone tell me what this handball incident is that people are referring to?

We need a Chico song too btw.:)

Yes, OUR team were playing. It's not rocket science. If that's what you're clinging too give up now.
    Match threads involving United. Not that hard to work out.
    Sorry, had no idea they were exclusive for fans of the teams playing.

Honest mistake.

Honest mistake.

He didn't say that. It's your inability to read that's the issue. Work on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Honest mistake.

hardly. but if ya come in with the intention of rising the united fans, then expect a roasting if we snatch it as a result.

Honest mistake.
    Nobody said they were, you're making an issue out of nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Honest mistake.

I'd like to think they are exclusive for people who want to discuss the game and not just stir. Might be an honest mistake from me though.

spiralism wrote: »
    hardly. but if ya come in with the intention of rising the united fans, then expect a roasting if we snatch it as a result.
    I am a United fan.

Is everyone here always this touchy or is it just christmas hangovers?

I am a United fan.

Is everyone here always this touchy or is it just christmas hangovers?

Who took issue with the use of the word OUR? Kinda ironic you moaning about people being touchy.

Who took issue with the use of the word OUR? Kinda ironic you moaning about people being touchy.
    It came across as a little cliquey.

No big deal.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Its kinda sad to see Scholes .The best English midfielder of his generation

reduced to that performance today .Great win though .

rebeve wrote: »
    Its kinda sad to see Scholes .The best English midfielder of his generation

reduced to that performance today .Great win though .
    Yeah, agree about Scholes.
    Maybe a Gary Neville style bow out from him?

He is a smart guy, I am sure he knows the score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

bazual wrote: »
    and thats it. Worst possible day. Newcastle lose, Sunderland win and we lose Anita to a potential injury with Arsenal away up next.

The life and times of a newcastle supporter.............................

On the bright side, the table looks a lot better now:

6721f6bddb716122a3b6aed05bdb2eae.png?1356545790

Paully D wrote: »
    On the bright side, the table looks a lot better now:

6721f6bddb716122a3b6aed05bdb2eae.png?1356545790

Wohoo top of the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,671 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A win's a win so well done MU :p

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

That defeat really hurt today,deserved at least a draw.We were well on top before half time,if we had gone in at 3-1 ahead at half time which we should have with Marveaux's freekick maybe things might have been different.I'm slightly worried as to what effect this defeat will have.Also,our defending has been poor this season but today but this game took the biscuit.Santon is a really good attacking full back but he cannot defend,Coloccini is out of form and Williamson and Simpson,well lets just leave it at that................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

What I love is the amount of fans posting from a certain team when United are losing, nowhere to be seen when United started winning.

GTFI, thank you Sunderland...

IvySlayer wrote: »
    What I love is the amount of fans posting from a certain team when United are losing, nowhere to be seen when United started winning.

It's there for all to see how pathetic they are.
    I must say though, it's been ever so enjoyable watching their smug enjoyment turn to bitter despair so many times this season. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

IvySlayer wrote: »

Credit where credit's due, niallo is a trooper no matter what the score. Used to really annoy me but I think I'm in tune with his wit after all this time :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Carrick unbelievable today. Watching it on Match of the day again. Some of the passes and crosses he was making were insane! Clear man of the match!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Good aul Fergie shines again.

areyawell wrote: »
    Carrick unbelievable today. Watching it on Match of the day again. Some of the passes and crosses he was making were insane! Clear man of the match!

imo he was just as fault for the 1st goal as de gea

bad control but he was obviously great today

Ok this is testament to my boredom but here goes:

I think it was off side and I'm gonna try and explain my point instead of blindly stating it.

My argument is that I think that the rules are not properly defined and following something like the picture attached would be much more accurate. Obviously it would be up to the referee to decide this in the heat of play, but in today's case it would be very easy to spot.

In the picture:
    • The red dots are the defenders
    • The black dots are attackers
    • The orange/yellow dot is the ball
    • The blue arrow is its trajectory
    • The pink buffer zone is the offside zone. If the attacker falls in this zone, regardless of the outcome, he has the potential to influence the ball (as he is in its line of trajectory) and as a result is offside

There you go. I think I made a decent point of why it was offside and why the rules should be a bit more defined.

The positioning is not exactly the same as today (it's outside the box to make it easy to see) but the defender in front of Attacker 1 could deflect it in for an own goal, and imo this should not stand because Attacker 1 was in an offside position

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

parc wrote: »
    Ok this is testament to my boredom but here goes:

I think it was off side and I'm gonna try and explain my point instead of blindly stating it.

My argument is that I think that the rules are not properly defined and following something like the picture attached would be much more accurate. Obviously it would be up to the referee to decide this in the heat of play, but in today's case it would be very easy to spot.

In the picture:
    • The red dots are the defenders
    • The black dots are attackers
    • The orange/yellow dot is the ball
    • The blue arrow is its trajectory
    • The pink buffer zone is the offside zone. If the attacker falls in this zone, regardless of the outcome, he has the potential to influence the ball (as he is in its line of trajectory) and as a result is offside

There you go. I think I made a decent point of why it was offside and why the rules should be a bit more defined.

The positioning is not exactly the same as today (it's outside the box to make it easy to see) but the defender in front of Attacker 1 could deflect it in for an own goal, and imo this should not stand because Attacker 1 was in an offside position

no picture needed...it was offside...how anyone can say he was not interfering with play is deluded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Great game. Not a hope in hell Newcastle's second is a goal but we move on. This is one for the memory banks lads, next time you hear about us getting all the decisions. Anyway 7 points!!

markie29 wrote: »
    no picture needed...it was offside...how anyone can say he was not interfering with play is deluded.

great, thanks for clearing that up

david-hasselhoff-as-michael-knight-in-knightrider-thumbs-up.jpg

Good aul Fergie shines again.

Yes what a Legend!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

It's there for all to see how pathetic they are.
    I must say though, it's been ever so enjoyable watching their smug enjoyment turn to bitter despair so many times this season. ;)

But let's not hear any anti-United shtick in these threads.
    I'm getting the hang of this thing now!

Good to see that last season's anti-Sunderland stuff has been washed away though. The short term memory of the football fan.

TBH I want people to slag off and be bitter about United. That means we are doing something right and people dont like it.

Its the day that nobody cares about us will be the day I am worried.

The more bitter people the better as far as im concerned.

• Advertisement

jacool wrote: »

But let's not hear any anti-United shtick in these threads.
    I'm getting the hang of this thing now!

Good to see that last season's anti-Sunderland stuff has been washed away though. The short term memory of the football fan.
    Ooooooookaaaaaaayy :confused:

Wrong thread...

Berba is a legend and a half!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Ooooooookaaaaaaayy :confused:

What I'm getting at is the double-standards.
    Its OK to slag off other teams but not take it?
    Last season there was venom about Sunderland becuase of how their fans reacted on the last day of the season. Now they beat the "smug" City and its all happy days again.
    I think The_Kew_Tour has it right.
    You never want to become the side that people are cheering when its a Manchester Derby because you know what that will mean.
    I think the titles in the bag. United have the best "team" and even got away with a lot of tinkering yesterday. No 11 individuals will ever beat a team. Its all about points on the board and on that measure this season looks almost done and dusted. I'm a gambler and I certainly wouldn't be laying Man Utd at 4/9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Another great match thread. Always funny seeing people jump in when United are behind only to disappear when the inevitable happens. You'd think they would have learned by now.

Love the bitterness. Funny how nobody wants to talk about the bad ref decisions aint it.

United ruin the ABU's xmas again :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement