Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Newcastle match thread.27 Dec.k/o 3pm Online/Foreign tv only

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

We need to score, Evra's doing sweet FA at the back and going forward. Buttner will get forward imo.

Buttner won't get any change out of these guys IMO. Anyway any subs should focus on sorting out that chronic midfield first and foremost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

sob1467 wrote: »
    Worth a read over half time: http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_11_offside_en_47383.pdf "interfering with play" part. I really have too much time on my hands.

Interfering with an opponent” means:
    Preventing an opponent from playing or being able to
    play the ball.
    For example, by clearly obstructing the
    goalkeeper’s line of vision or movement.
    Making a gesture or movement which, in the opinion of
    the referee, deceives or distracts an opponent.

Above, for the few who don't know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

DB10 wrote: »
    No Newcastle fans posting?

Its disbelief really, Probably the weakest team we have fielded all season so I am expecting Man Utd to maul us in second half. Williamson is still a liability, expect him to do an Evans in the second half.

Since we are winning though, might as well enjoy it. COME ON THE TOON!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

This thread is really showing up the clueless droolers for what they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

RasTa wrote: »
    Yes because all Asians can't play football and are in teams for advertising. Jesus christ :rolleyes:

JC is in the squad too?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

niallo27 wrote: »
    I would not be backing utd they may well come back but at 6/4 it's a shocking price they way they are playing this year.

It's a cracking price when factoring in everything.
    john47832 wrote: »
    What about the token asian advertising midfielder? Why not bring him on?

Dafuq is this!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

If I only I had money in my account now.

Worrying statement right there. Take the hint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

bazual wrote: »
    Its disbelief really, Probably the weakest team we have fielded all season so I am expecting Man Utd to maul us in second half. Williamson is still a liability, expect him to do an Evans in the second half.

Since we are winning though, might as well enjoy it. COME ON THE TOON!!!

In fairness it's possibly the weakest team we've fielded too and our bench has nothing. Yee have a great chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Can anyone pm me a link to the game

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

cambo2008 wrote: »
    This thread is really showing up the clueless droolers for what they are.

I only drool when I look in the mirror bud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

markie29 wrote: »
    but the amount of times they come back to win is why the price is so low.

I know but that price is shocking, I think Newcastle might hang on for a draw they have great record against utd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Evans put his foot on that ball to stop Cisse getting on to it. Cisse was in an offside position. It's not that hard to grasp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

Definitely the wrong decision. Forget about the fact that the ball went in the net at all. At the moment the ball was played forward, Cisse was in an offside position. The next question to answer is whether he was "actively involved". He was both obstructing De Gea's line of sight and and caused Evans to attempt a clearance to stop the ball getting through to him.

Terrible that (a) the ref and his officials were so indecisive and came to the wrong decision and (b) that they appeared to reverse their decision under pressure from Newcastle.

Still, brush it under the carpet the next time you claim that Utd "get all the decisions"!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

LOL, Fergie going postal.

Fergie is not a happy camper and looks like he has been sent to stand no???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

usual fergie stuff trying to influence the officials..... united guaranteed a penalty!

Dunno if you're trying to be racist or just plain and simple a ****ing moron.

Seems you may be a bit dim, your understanding of "racist" seems to require some education...

Its actually a fair point when utd seems to lack quality in midfield and have a token marketing gesture for a player in the squad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How does Ferguson not get sent to the stands?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Ha ha Ferguson is some fool. Look at the state of him shouting at the linesman :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

How Fergie has got away with that from Mike Deane is unreal

Refs must know they got it wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I only drool when I look in the mirror bud

AH HA HA HA HA HA FÙCKING HA!

Contender for most cringe filled post of all time there "bud"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

That's disgraceful behaviour from Ferguson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't given a talking to by the Prem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

It really is a funny that he gets away with doing stuff like that. Anyone else would be in the stand by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Watching this on an espn stream, Steve McMenamem is sickening.

Fergie has indeed lost the plot.

Any other manager carries on like that and he's sent to the stands. He lost the plot entirely there.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

SoulTrader wrote: »
    Definitely the wrong decision. Forget about the fact that the ball went in the net at all. At the moment the ball was played forward, Cisse was in an offside position. The next question to answer is whether he was "actively involved". He was both obstructing De Gea's line of sight and and cause Evans to attempt a clearance to stop the ball getting through to him.

Terrible that (a) the ref and his officials were so indecisive and came to the wrong decision and (b) that they appeared to reverse their decision under pressure from Newcastle.

Still, brush it under the carpet the next time you claim that Utd "get all the decisions"!

Well at least fergie has somebody to blame, rather than looking at how bad his team has performed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

cadete wrote: »
    usual fergie stuff trying to influence the officials..... united guaranteed a penalty!

Wouldn't hold your breath. That would involve us actually putting an attacking move ending in their box together for one.

WIZE wrote: »
    Can anyone pm me a link to the game

PM sent

skydish79 wrote: »
    Well at least fergie has somebody to blame, rather than looking at how bad his team has performed

Wait until he comes out and says Evans could have died.

• Advertisement

SoulTrader wrote: »
    Definitely the wrong decision. Forget about the fact that the ball went in the net at all. At the moment the ball was played forward, Cisse was in an offside position. The next question to answer is whether he was "actively involved". He was both obstructing De Gea's line of sight and and cause Evans to attempt a clearance to stop the ball getting through to him.

forgetting the ball went in the net. It would not be offside until Cisse touched the ball in a normal case or the linesman is not supposed to raise the flag until that happens. De Gea's line of site when the ball was swinging into the box you are having a laugh. Evans has only himself to blame for trying to clear the ball and should be aware of whats around him and not try to push Cisse into an offside position.

Since when does pressure of away fans at old trafford ever get a RIGHT decision???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Ah in fairness to the utd fans I would be raging if that happened against liverpool , it will be interesting to see if utd get a soft decision in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Gorgeous pass from Carrick to Giggs there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

doc_17 wrote: »
    It really is a funny that he gets away with doing stuff like that. Anyone else would be in the stand by now.
    Any other manager carries on like that and he's sent to the stands. He lost the plot entirely there.

Absolutely.

Between this and his comments re the Williams/RVP incident last week, it gives you an idea of how much pull he has on those in power when he escapes any form of censure for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

cson wrote: »
    Absolutely.

Between this and his comments re the Williams/RVP incident last week, it gives you an idea of how much pull he has on those in power when he escapes any form of censure for them.

He doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Goal for Sunderland!

Sunderland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

City match
    Sunderland 1-0 City

Fergie losing it each week is surely gonna have a negative impact on the players - is it time for him to be pushed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

NO penalty?! ;p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,493 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Had striker done that to defender
    It would be a free kick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

john47832 wrote: »
    Seems you may be a bit dim, your understanding of "racist" seems to require some education...

Its actually a fair point when utd seems to lack quality in midfield and have a token marketing gesture for a player in the squad...

Se because he is Asian he is a marketing gesture? You racist piece of

great challange by Collocini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

mike65 wrote: »
    NO penalty?! ;p

it will come!

again another good performance from us hope we can keep it up wouldnt mind seeing obertan around 65 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,493 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He was so offside there
    He could have being killed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    He doesn't.

Yes he does. Lambert said far less than Ferguson said about ref at Swansea game. Lambert got a 1 game ban. Ferguson nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Is Ferguson not the most suspended and fined manager in the EPL?

But yeah, he "gets away" with everything, has the FA in his pocket.

Mind Control.

Well Done Colo and well played Ref.

Someone teach Hernandez the offside rule. He doesn't even consider it sometimes. Even up against slower defenders when he'd outrun them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

eigrod wrote: »
    Yes he does. Lambert said far less than Ferguson said about ref at Swansea game. Lambert got a 1 game ban. Ferguson nothing.

He gets bans regularly. Several managers say stuff each week. They all get away with it sometimes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement