Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoke City v Liverpool SKY Sport 7.45

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

double GG wrote: »
    Real goalscoring opportunities stopped at the expense of only a yellow card but what other punishment could be given?

But there was defenders in front of Suarez, it wasnt a real goalscoring opportunity.
    Definite yellow. Whelan knew exactly what he was doing. Good play Id say, smart from him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Has been Liverpool's best defender (not that it was too hard).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

think this game puts an end to our title winning hopes which is a big shame because i really had hopes we could do it this year

CSF wrote: »
    I think those sort of tackles should be a red. Pure deliberate cynical fouls to stop an attack. No attempt to get the ball.

If Lucas did the same, would you say that?
    No, its just cause it happened against Liverpool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

CSF wrote: »
    I think those sort of tackles should be a red. Pure deliberate cynical fouls to stop an attack. No attempt to get the ball.

Only thing is that a massive can of worms would be opened in defining this sort of tackle? Who is to say there was no attempt for the ball?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Oh dear Jonjo, one of the worst individual performances I've seen in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Wonder are stoke aiming for top 2 finish now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Pathetic, we are not even unlucky anymore just plain lazy and one dimensional.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

markie29 wrote: »
    think this game puts an end to our title winning hopes which is a big shame because i really had hopes we could do it this year

Seriously!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Meanwhile Brendan Rodgers thought we were excellent tonight

No, its outstanding and magnificent!

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    That is probably the stupidest post I have had directed at me in a Liverpool thread.

You seriously need to learn how to read.

Dont be going mad at me just cause Liverpool lost. I made a point. Easy tiger! Relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

That was not supposed to happen :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Liverpool 10th.

Hard to argue with that.

Well done Stoke, played some great stuff at times, well deserved 3 points.
    Liverpool were incredibly gutless after going behind, some seriously poor performances out there. Suarez about the only player that can be anyway happy with their own game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

It's still possible, if Utd draw a few games we'll be right back in it. It'll probably go right down to the wire but I'd say we'll nick it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Seriously!?

No, of course not.....wasn't that obvious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

murpho999 wrote: »
    No, of course not.....wasn't that obvious?

Shhh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Well, I thought I'd gotten bored of Liverpool mess-ups but after the Swansea thread a few days ago, I've grown fond of them again. Funny stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Ya never know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Looks like the end of Downing's renaissance.

Really toothless performance tonight and Stoke won well (despite their haters) and deserved the 3 points.

This LFC team needs major surgery.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Enrique is a stupid stupid footballer.
    What a stupid stupid comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

This is definitely Stoke's year, climbing up the table!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Really was a spineless performance from Liverpool. I never thought they would win the game but i didn't expect Stoke to outplay them like they did.

Suarez again the best player for Pool and at this stage one has to question how long he'll put up with this shambles.

Really was a spineless performance from Liverpool. I never thought they would win the game but i didn't expect Stoke to outplay them like they did.

Suarez again the best player for Pool and at this stage one has to question how long he'll put up with this shambles.

for once i agree with you will,so many players in the liverpool shirt who are not fit to play for the reserves,liverpool fans shouldnt tolerate these kind of weak perfomances.

edit...im drunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Don't worry, I have a feeling next year will be liverpools year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

The quality in the Liverpool team is so poor. Skrtel, Enrique, Downing, Shelvey, Henderson and Cole all aren't good enough to play for a club the size of Liverpool. Players as young as Suso and Sterling shouldn't be relied on so heavily at that age. Then it doesn't help when Gerrard is in "Stevie Me" mode, his performance tonight was self indulgent and immature considering that he is supposed to be the captain of that team and they needed somebody to bring them together, not Gerrard playing Hollywood passes and shooting from ridiculous places do often.

Defending against Stoke is tough from a tactical standpoint of you are a big club. No point in pressing them, they kick it long early anyway, you are the team with the initiative so you can't just sit back. You are relying on strong individual performances and full concentration from your back line and midfield. Liverpool didn't have that tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Well I'm going on the jagermister anyway after that ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Rodgers churning out the "difficult place to come" line.

Xavi6 wrote: »

a bit like sunderland...hard place to get a result ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Is he lying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Sure beats Mancini saying he won't go to the stadium of light next season :pac:
    Next year we won't come. We won't spend the money to come here

Slattsy wrote: »

Is he lying?

Easy deflection from his side's failings. Barely critical of the players and took no responsibility himself.

Poor talker generally so it's standard I guess.

City haven't won at Stoke in the premiership have they?

In fairness, Stoke is a tough place to go. Especially when you play as badly as Liverpool tonight.

Leiva wrote: »

Sure beats Mancini saying he won't go to the stadium of light next season :pac:

If you want to talk about City pop into the match thread.

Rodgers style deflections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Easy deflection from his side's failings. Barely critical of the players and took no responsibility himself.

So he was being honest.
    Thanks for clearing that up lad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

If you want to talk about City pop into the match thread.

Rodgers style deflections.

:pac:

what's wrong scared of the UtD thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Oh he can speak well, it's just that nearly everyone knows what he's spouting is bull.

Leiva wrote: »

:pac:

what's wrong scared of the UtD thread?

That makes no sense :confused:

We can keep going on City though if it makes you feel better and takes your mind off this game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Coates needs to be given a few starts, in place of either Agger or Skrtel. The defence needs to be freshened up a bit.

If ever there was a game that called for 3 CBs it was this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Dcully wrote: »
    What a stupid stupid comment

He relys on his pace so much.
    how often does he lose the ball trying to run it out of defence or doing his rotations further up the pitch. One or two good performances and his form for last year is forgotten.
    Very poor tonight up agaisnt a strong team because he couldn't use his strength. Valencia will outplay him every time and so will any other fast, strong player like those that play for the top teams.
    He gives the ball away so much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Coates needs to be given a few starts, in place of either Agger or Skrtel. The defence needs to be freshened up a bit.

If ever there was a game that called for 3 CBs it was this!

That's not the ALMIGHTY 433 though. The manager doesn't seem to know systems to play unless injury happens during a match. He won't set up the team to play against the other teams system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

How Shelvey lasted 90 minutes has to go down as a Christmas miracle.

He was absolutely dreadful and should have been subbed off after 20 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ahh Liverpool lose in come the wum's and thread stays open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

He's not a poor talker. If anything he talks too much.

Less talking more doing at this point.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

This is the Stoke City v Liverpool matchthread, can everyone keep it on that topic please.

Ahh Liverpool lose in come the wum's and thread stays open
    Suck it up lad, this is nothing like the Swansea v United thread and we only drew that one :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

inmyday wrote: »
    Dont be going mad at me just cause Liverpool lost. I made a point. Easy tiger! Relax.

Don't misrepresent what I say and I won't be going mad at you.

Making a "point" based on something I didn't say is pretty stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Just saw the highlights on MOTD. How was Suarez not sent off for that foul on Begovic? Studs up, has a nice long look at him too before he catches him. As blatant as they come! Pretending to be injured afterwards too. Nice touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,583 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Roar wrote: »
    Just saw the highlights on MOTD. How was Suarez not sent off for that foul on Begovic? Studs up, has a nice long look at him too before he catches him. As blatant as they come! Pretending to be injured afterwards too. Nice touch.
    I'm not a Liverpool or a Suarez fan and I don't believe there was any intent in that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Roar wrote: »

Nah, he went to control the ball from Enriques pass just like the goal against Newcastle and couldn't quite reach it. Collision was inevitable. I thought the yellow was harsh in fact.

As for pretending to be injured, he must be from the Daniel Day Lewis school of acting because he still looked clearly injured towards the end of the match as well when he was limping over to take the corner.

• Advertisement
Advertisement