Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to set up Hauppage HD PVR 2. Need help

Options
  • 26-12-2012 12:43pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I thought I might just start up this topic rather than clog up one of the sticky ones with what could just be noob questions :(

So I got the PVR Xmas morning. Have got the wires all set up now. But when I set it up with all the wires in the right places, I'm having problems. I've put the driver disc into the computer, hooked up the device but it seems as if my computer is not recognising the device.

There is a flashing blue light on the front of the PVR, which apparently specifies that the computer is not recongising it. In the devices menu, it's coming up as "Unspecified". Run troubleshooting and it says that it needs to install drivers. When I run the disc, it seems to just stay on the "Updating Drivers" part for ages (left it for an hour, and it didn't move at all). I've tried using two different USB cables as well. Tried downloading the drivers from the site, but same problem.

Is there a special thing I'm meant to do to get the device recognised on my computer? Am I doing something stupid? Many thanks in advance for anyone able to offer me help here. Really want to start recording my games :(

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ah, ffs.

After two hours, I posted this message, ripping my hair out.

As soon as I do, I try doing everything again one more time and it works. Absolutly nothing different this time. Sorry. Mods, feel free to delete this topic if you want, and sorry for wasting time here :/

Advertisement