Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St. Stephens Day

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I don't get you. Are you suggesting that we should cancel public transport to prevent people buying stuff today?

If we followed your suggestion, how would people who spend Christmas with relatives and have no car get back home on Stevens' day? Particularly if they are back in work tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I don't get you. Are you suggesting that we should cancel public transport to prevent people buying stuff today?

If we followed your suggestion, how would people who spend Christmas with relatives and have no car get back home on Stevens' day? Particularly if they are back in work tomorrow?

I think he's suggesting the opposite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Sorry the laus is running but normal bus and rail services aren't and given the airport is open I just think it's crazy in this day and age that we don't have a better service on St. Stephens day

• Site Banned Posts: 10 moneyteam84

I would hate to see what OP's childhood was like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

They aren't all closed?
    The train is the only service not operating today

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

The Transport sector do a good job year round. Like nearly every one else, perhaps they would like some time with the family this time of year?

• Site Banned Posts: 10 moneyteam84

Manach wrote: »
    The Transport sector do a good job year round. Like nearly every one else, perhaps they would like some time with the family this time of year?
    how bout no...they signed the contact for a salary...its in the contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

I think that the train should run but otherwise I think thge service on Stephen's day is decent, though should start earlier...

But on a selfish note as someone who works in retail the last thing I want is more people being able to get into town on Stephen's Day, so no changes please! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'd prefer nothing opened at all. What's so urgent about buying a coat or a duvet set that it can't wait til the 27th or even January?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Linvia

Maybe because Christmas sale starts today, if you were late, the coat or the duvet you wanted might be gone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement