Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 19 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

bale saving my gw after capt michu
    brought in pienaar but hes going if michu isnt injured

mind you a 0-0 next up would be nice with cam, beg shaw and enrique to come
    cuellar to come on for rooney is ok
    suarez my second sub, no regrets though as i dont see him scoring or
    liverpool for that matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Bale and Azpi in were 2 great transfers by me this week. To think I gonna hold onto Walcott and hope Rafael played.

The best scenario ff wise for Michu's injury would be a month layoff and we find out the duration soon. Sell him and his price will plummet due to his high ownership. Won't be of any loss to get him back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Let us all hope for an 0-0 in the Stoke Liverpool game later now:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

roryc wrote: »
    Thank you God. Now if you can sort out that 0-0 draw later I promise I'll be a good boy for the rest of the year.

You've some cheek bringing in Bale after what you said about him, bet you think he's world class now:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Bale hattrick, oh yes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Bale is obv a world class winger, I doubt that was ever the argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Bale and Azpi in were 2 great transfers by me this week. To think I gonna hold onto Walcott and hope Rafael played.

The best scenario ff wise for Michu's injury would be a month layoff and we find out the duration soon. Sell him and his price will plummet due to his high ownership. Won't be of any loss to get him back in.

I'm debating a points hit this week. Out of nowhere I'm suddenly without Michu, Rafael, Sterling and Nelson. Would love to wait until the end of the week to see how all are but Rafael goes down tonight...

BALE HAT-TRICK I FUPPING LOVE YOU

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Bale saving my gw as well. So close to captaining him. Gah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Bale subbed off was he injuried or just taken off ?

• Advertisement

You've some cheek bringing in Bale after what you said about him, bet you think he's world class now:pac::pac:

The argument was whether or not he was one of the best players in the world! A hat-trick doesn't change that, sure Santi got one the other week, as did Di Santo.

Cracking player all the same, looking at other teams and he' actually somewhat of a differential. He's saved my week anyway.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Bale is obv a world class winger, I doubt that was ever the argument.

Feckit you are a serious fellow, aren't you, don't worry yourself about it, t'was only a gag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Makes that hit to get Bale and berba all the sweeter. To think I could've kept Nolan and Tevez

The argument was whether or not he was one of the best players in the world! A hat-trick doesn't change that, sure Santi got one the other week, as did Di Santo.

Cracking player all the same, looking at other teams and he' actually somewhat of a differential. He's saved my week anyway.

The guardian had him at 40 in the world in their poll of soccer journalists, disapointing really, I'd have him 30 places above that:p:pac:, we won't go there again;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

i dont have bale but am a bit glad he got a hat trick. was breaking my heart to read rorys tales of woe at Christmas :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Come on consolation goal for villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Bale should have let that last ball roll to Defoe instead of scoring a third. Very poor play from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

The guardian had him at 40 in the world in their poll of soccer journalists, disapointing really, I'd have him 30 places above that:p:pac:, we won't go there again;)

The guardian left out Higuain . A list without him isn't to be taken serious IMO especially with some of the players on that list .

Bale should have let that last ball roll to Defoe instead of scoring a third. Very poor play from him.

Lol do you mean the second goal? The one where Defoe makes a run-around after Bale flicks the ball past the defender after the bad pass back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Bale isnt top 10 in the world. Top 10 in England sounds about right ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Great score from Bale. 57 with BPs, Begovic, Shawcross and Enrique to play.

I would give anything for a 0-0 thriller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Could really do with a Suarez double to round off a great day.

I have Begovic in goals but haven't doubled or tripled up on Stoke like others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

71 with Shawcross and Sterling (1pt max I guess) to play.

League leader has Shawcross and Suarez, I've got Enrique.

Come on baby goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Minimum 27 points from that game with bale and defoe - as shorey doesnt play cuellar comes in too. RVP (C) when thought about Michu. sometimes i hate this game sometimes i love it. first time i've loved it in a while!

I'd agree with that, maybe top 30. He's still young. If he keeps knocking in hat-tricks I'll happily stick him in top 3 with Ronnie and Messi!

It was ruining my Christmas altogether Kev, it's bad enough being back in Ireland for a week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

60 so far with suarez, shawcross and possibly sterling to play. could be over 75 after bonus points with only 8 players. :D

Similar players (Cameron for Shawcross) with a score of 48. Could still squeeze another point out of Sterling if he comes on! Bale nailed on for 3 BP's, hopefully Captain RVP can pick up a few. Would be nice to get to 61 and reach 1,100 today, can't really see that happening without a Stoke CS though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I'm debating a points hit this week. Out of nowhere I'm suddenly without Michu, Rafael, Sterling and Nelson. Would love to wait until the end of the week to see how all are but Rafael goes down tonight...

BALE HAT-TRICK I FUPPING LOVE YOU

If you can't field 11 it's definitely worth taking a hit as far as I see it. Just make sure it's someone that you think won't be rested. A rival brought in hazard for a hit this week. Worked out great for me. I think Nelsen just had an illness. Could be fine by weekend.

• Advertisement

If you can't field 11 it's definitely worth taking a hit as far as I see it. Just make sure it's someone that you think won't be rested. A rival brought in hazard for a hit this week. Worked out great for me. I think Nelsen just had an illness. Could be fine by weekend.

As could Rafael and Michu, and Sterling is simply being rested. Doubt I'll take a points hit but a lot depends on how likely it is that Rafael and Michu will play.

Advertisement