Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to take out the seats of a seat inca or caddy van?

Options
  • 26-12-2012 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey Lads,

Just wondering has anyone removed the standard seats from a 00 seat inca or caddy van before?

I had a go at it and removed the Allen-key bolt&nut from the front bracket of the seats and tried sliding the seats off the rails then(going towards the windscreen) but it wasn't working.

So I'd be very grateful if anyone could let me the tricks of the trade to get these seats out?ha

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Id imagine you'd be unbolting the backs of the rails too and the whole lot just lifts out.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭scrap_man

there should be 2 clips on the back of the rails behind the seat, take them out and slide the seat back out of the rail

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Entershakari

Thanks for the replies lads, Ya thats what I thought but I'm pretty sure the bottom rail brackets were welded to the floor?

I didn't notice any clips at the rear side of the brackets but it was getting dark enough so I was rushing,I'll have a better look and let ye know.Thanks for the help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

undo the bolts, and the whole seat and rail will.lift out.

the bolts might be hard to undo add they add a drop of locktite to the threads when installing them to prevent the bolts from vibrating loose over the years.

Advertisement