Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas/New Years bin collections - Thornton's, etc.

Options
  • 26-12-2012 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

Does anyone who uses Thorton's bin collection know what arrangements they have in place for collections this week and next?

Tuesday is their normal day in Greystones.

There is no info on their website or their automated phone system.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

They came on Monday and waited around for Xmas tip outside. They've only being doing ours for a couple of months so didn't feel I had to. Then got a €200 bill same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

They sent us a bill also, an increase of €15 from last year but this year 2013 they are only collecting every second week do they think people are stupid or what :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Ozo are collecting on Wednesday next week (presumably recycling also).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Thorntons, who took over Eurowaste's business, sent out letters to their new customers for the 2013 service. As Bido says above, they have increased the cost to 200euro. Now when I look at the letter, it just says Wicklow_Band_B. It doesn't explain what you get for the 200quid. On a separate letter, they explain their reasons for changing to bi-weekly as its not economically viable to collect both bins every week. So now they'll be alternating the bin collections, Green one week, Black the next. So that's a maximum of 26 black bin lifts in a year with same number of Green bin lifts.

For 2012, and for 185euro, you would have got 13 Black bin lifts and as many weekly green bin lifts as you liked. I preferred this option.

But for 200euro, it doesn't say what Thornton's are providing?! On their website there are two options and none of these are for 200euro. The full flat-rate service is 310euro, and then there's a pay-per-lift service, 50euro annual charge with 10euro per lift (recycling is free). So for 200euro, it'd work out as 15 lifts if it is the case.

I think I'll hold on for a week or two before putting either bin out and suss out the competition. I'll check back with info once I've investigated the realistic options.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

We received an invoice for €310 for 2013 for a bi-weekly collection.
    last year they collected the bins every week for €280. so this year they have cut the service in half and increased the cost.We won't be staying with them:mad:.

We have got a price from OZO for a bi-weekly collection costing €247.50 for the year :).

Has anyone tried anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

We went to Ozo as well! Much cheaper!!

Advertisement