Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel motel

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Just collected my first order from the one by the Docks today, I love it! Got items shipped to the Northern address, they arrived so fast it was a bit mad, ordered Wednesday, shipped Thursday, got a text saying they were in Parcel motel Saturday morning.

I have to say I was like a child with the doors popping open :o I had ordered several different things from Amazon and it was like a giant Advent calendar or something :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

I hope they get that motel running again soon though. The others aren't near my work route.[/QUOTE]

Newcastle was repaired today, so we're back in business. Thanks for your patience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Yay! Just used the Newcastle rd parcel motel for the first time. Screen seems fine. Great to have it working this side of town as I've already has cause to use it a half dozen times.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

I used the Newcastle Rd one today as well. Great service - will definitely be using it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭JTC83

Anyone have any idea how many runs they do to galway daily? Am anxiously awaiting my first delivery, it arrived in antrim at 11 this morning and don't think I can wait til tomorrow to get my goodies!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Have just put through an order to parcel motel and used up my 2 free credits previously so my balance is €0. Will €3.50 for this stay just come off my credit card or do you have to have my account topped up with money first?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

fifib wrote: »
    Have just put through an order to parcel motel and used up my 2 free credits previously so my balance is €0. Will €3.50 for this stay just come off my credit card or do you have to have my account topped up with money first?

Depends whether you've set it up for Pay as you Go or for credits only. I've only used the site once, so apologies for any errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭jamesdiver

its such a brilliant service. Its one of those things you think, why wasnt this in place years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 U2sir

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fifib
    Yes it will come off your card - no need to top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Just using this for the first time tomorrow,but my mate is collecting the parcel for me, what does he need to collect it. I'm thinking my phone number and the pin and then a locker opens?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

I'm thinking my phone number and the pin and then a locker opens?

Thats it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

been using this a good bit, excellent idea run very very well.. save a good bit on postage from uk

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Galwayps

Just received a part from amazon seller that would not ship to the Republic so used their northern address.
    Excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

a unit will be installed in knocknacarra this coming week.

westy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

westgolf wrote: »
    a unit will be installed in knocknacarra this coming week.

westy

Brilliant! Even handier than the Newcastle one. :D

Do you know whereabouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've still to use their service, sounds brill though.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Brilliant! Even handier than the Newcastle one. :D

Do you know whereabouts?

Joyces I hear

Westgolf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

westgolf wrote: »
    Joyces I hear

Westgolf

its on a truck in joyces car park right now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

its on a truck in joyces car park right now

Perfect location, at least for me! Thanks ParcelMotel. Hope its up and running soon. :D:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Snowshower

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a parcel motel in Galway city. Trying to order an item from amazon but as they don't deliver to Republic of Ireland.... has anyone any experience on this.

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

There's 3, soon to be 4 I beleive. College Rd Topaz, Newcastle Rd and Docks Rd. See their website! Use the Antrim address for uk-only deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Snowshower

thanks that's great...

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Also a new one in Joyces Knocknacarra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

all you need to know in an earlier thread...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056839660

and there's a Verified Representative from Parcel Motel on this here boards, Orla be her name... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=302806

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭celtictiger

I've used them many times and can't fault them one bit. Excellent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just saw their wallboxes at Joyce's Knocknacarra and the Topaz on Newcastle Rd, by the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Get with the programme biko. I've used this service about 25 times already.

Two words: game changer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Didnt realise I was in the Galway forum lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

Thargor wrote: »
    They cover this in their FAQ. If the item doesn't fit in their collection boxes they will hold it for you at the nearest Nightline depot. I think the 10kg limit still applies though. I don't know what happens if you exceed that.

Advertisement