Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel motel

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭flazio

They cover this in their FAQ. If the item doesn't fit in their collection boxes they will hold it for you at the nearest Nightline depot. I think the 10kg limit still applies though. I don't know what happens if you exceed that.

And in relation to Galway where's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

flazio wrote: »
    And in relation to Galway where's that?

Nightline
    Unit 2
    Railway Lane
    Deerpark Industrial Estate
    Oranmore
    Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I wonder can you just say you want to collect it from the Oranmore depot.
    Its far handier for me than going into college road in traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Find your closest PM locations here
    http://www.parcelmotel.com/locations.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

They cover this in their FAQ. If the item doesn't fit in their collection boxes they will hold it for you at the nearest Nightline depot. I think the 10kg limit still applies though. I don't know what happens if you exceed that.

I got something that didn't fit in their box and they offered to deliver it to my home for an extra 10 euro. It suited me fine, saves a trip or hauling around something big.Give them a ring, theyre very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Packages over the max size or over 10kg goes to their depot for collection at no extra charge, or delivered to an alternative address for €10.50 extra (so €14 total).

Packages over 35kg have an additional charge of €3.50 per 10kg (or part thereof) over the 35kg.

(http://www.parcelmotel.com/howmuch.html)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

do dabs.com work with parcel motel?

Trilla90 wrote: »
    do dabs.com work with parcel motel?

Anywhere that will post to a UK address works. You're given a delivery address in Northern Ireland and they forward it down to a collection locker. Dabs or any seller don't need to know about the process... they just post to the NI address.

I've used it about 20 times so far... great service!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

J o e wrote: »
    Anywhere that will post to a UK address works. You're given a delivery address in Northern Ireland and they forward it down to a collection locker. Dabs or any seller don't need to know about the process... they just post to the NI address.

I've used it about 20 times so far... great service!

yeah iv used it a few times myself just thought certain retailers might be funny about it, i've only used it with amazon so far it is a great service though

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

I've used it loads of times it's great, one time had a oversized parcel and there was a bit of a delay in getting it to the depot in Oranmore.

A few days later I received an email from their customer service apologising for the delay and comping a free stay. Really good service I have to say.

• Advertisement

Anywhere that will post to a UK address works.

Not exactly true, order a few items recently off Amazon.co.uk, they were spread over a few different sellers, once of them would not ship to Parcel Motel, the others did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Its worth checking with sellers that offer free UK shipping, that it includes NI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

I used parcel motel for the first time recently and it's fantastic!!! Saved me approx €30 in shipping costs! Highly recommended.

Packages over the max size or over 10kg goes to their depot for collection at no extra charge, or delivered to an alternative address for €10.50 extra (so €14 total).

Packages over 35kg have an additional charge of €3.50 per 10kg (or part thereof) over the 35kg.

(http://www.parcelmotel.com/howmuch.html)

Just a heads up... they've increased their charges for receiving oversized items. I got charged €7 yesterday for an item that is oversized and has to be collected... previously there was no extra charge over the €3.50 as it isn't overweight.

I was wondering why I was being charged extra and found that the new charges just came in yesterday :o and were only mentioned in one of their email newsletter, wan't asked to agree to the increased prices. :mad:

See here: http://www.parcelmotel.com/howmuch.html

Another confusion is they sent an SMS and email to say it's ready for collection in Finglas, Dublin - they said that before but when I rang it was actually in Oranmore. I rang Oranmore and they didn't have it this time... but said it might arrive today (Saturday).
    Anywhere that will post to a UK address works.

Not exactly true, order a few items recently off Amazon.co.uk, they were spread over a few different sellers, once of them would not ship to Parcel Motel, the others did.

What reason did they give? :confused:
    bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Its worth checking with sellers that offer free UK shipping, that it includes NI

If it doesn't include NI then they're not offering free UK shipping, most likely it's free GB shipping (+ maybe excluding a few islands), so take that up with them. UK is short for "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".

Another confusion is they sent an SMS and email to say it's ready for collection in Finglas, Dublin - they said that before but when I rang it was actually in Oranmore. I rang Oranmore and they didn't have it this time... but said it might arrive today (Saturday).

Got through to them and it actually is sitting for collection in their depot in Dublin! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭deliege

Got through to them and it actually is sitting for collection in their depot in Dublin! :mad:

Joe, did you get it sent closer to here in the end? Just received a similar text message and for sure won't go fetch my parcel in Dublin...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

deliege wrote: »
    Joe, did you get it sent closer to here in the end? Just received a similar text message and for sure won't go fetch my parcel in Dublin...:eek:

Same thing happened me last week. Ring Finglas and they'll move it to Oranmore for you at no cost where you can pick it up tomorrow.

The annoying thing is that I ordered three items from a store (not amazon) that decided in its wisdom to put them in an huge box with about 50% empty space and a package that shouldn't have been oversized ended up too large.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭deliege

Thanks for that Gambas. Will call them now...
    Gambas wrote: »
    ... I ordered three items from a store (not amazon) that decided in its wisdom to put them in an huge box with about 50% empty space and a package that shouldn't have been oversized ended up too large.

Yep, I suspect that's what happened here too. Amazon is doing this more and more too. Last week my son got a box so big he could sit in it and pretend it was a boat :rolleyes:

deliege wrote: »
    Thanks for that Gambas. Will call them now...

Yep, I suspect that's what happened here too. Amazon is doing this more and more too. Last week my son got a box so big he could sit in it and pretend it was a boat :rolleyes:

On the bright side, less likely to be arrive damaged in an oversized box, and "free toy boat"... :)

Did anyone get the free gift Parcel Motel are offering new customers ?

If it's complete rubbish surely people will be annoyed they had to go especially to the locker to pick it up... so I can't help thinking it must be decent.
    Anyone know ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Did anyone get the free gift Parcel Motel are offering new customers ?

If it's complete rubbish surely people will be annoyed they had to go especially to the locker to pick it up... so I can't help thinking it must be decent.
    Anyone know ?

I could be wrong, but I think I heard somewhere it's like a pair of spa slippers and hand towel?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Signed up fairly recently, with the free-gift offer on the table. But I haven't been offered it, and TBH not too worried, I've got enough shyte already without "free gifts".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Signed up fairly recently, with the free-gift offer on the table. But I haven't been offered it, and TBH not too worried, I've got enough shyte already without "free gifts".

One of my colleagues got it, it wasn't much to write home about anyway. As far as I recall it was indeed a pair of airplane slippers and some similarly cheap stuff.

When I signed up you still got the first 2 stays for free. Which was nicer I think.

But there was nothing stopping people signing up a new account when their free stays were used up so I never expected that to last long. And fair enough, its a great service and well priced I think.

Well no way I'm budging just to get that gift. Thanks for the answers . :)

Advertisement