Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight Simulator X

Options
  • 26-12-2012 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi folks,

I'm looking at buying FSX and using my laptop for it. Looking at some reviews it doesn't seem to be the best way to do it but that seems to be on hardware that's a couple of years old. The spec for my laptop is below. Any advice / tips on whether it's good enough would be great? IN fact any tips on getting into this game would be great :) Thanks!

Processor: Intel core i5-480M
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics
    RAM: 6GB
    750GB HD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

the_donkey wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'm looking at buying FSX and using my laptop for it. Looking at some reviews it doesn't seem to be the best way to do it but that seems to be on hardware that's a couple of years old. The spec for my laptop is below. Any advice / tips on whether it's good enough would be great? IN fact any tips on getting into this game would be great :) Thanks!

Processor: Intel core i5-480M
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics
    RAM: 6GB
    750GB HD

It will run ok, just dont install any resource heavy addons such as traffic.

FSX is very CPU heavy rather then GPU heavy so your integrated graphics should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 the_donkey

Thanks!! So I won't be able to add any add-ons to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,444 ✭✭✭Nollog

Isn't flight sim x free to play, just the add-ons cost money?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Isn't flight sim x free to play, just the add-ons cost money?

No the newest 'incarnation' is called Microsoft Flight. FSX you had to pay for and the addons which you wanted as well.

Flight btw gets awful reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

No the newest 'incarnation' is called Microsoft Flight. FSX you had to pay for and the addons which you wanted as well.

Flight btw gets awful reviews.

Flight has been discontinued due to it being a complete disaster.

FSX is still going strong but the latest incarnation of FSX is Prepar3D which is basically FSX, but Lockheed Martin has bought the rights to it for it to be developed as a commercial aviation training tool.

It's still the same game but the grape vine says that 2.0 will have some sort of revolutionary content in terms of realism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

the_donkey wrote: »
    Thanks!! So I won't be able to add any add-ons to it?

No I am not saying that, you might get away with it but I would personally stay away from the more resource hungry ones such as adding realistic traffic and higher resolution terrain.

You can try add it but it may not work well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Harcrid

I personally would not attempt to play with just Intel Graphics. Yes it will run but you will have to dial everything down so low that it just wont look good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 comtec

hello, is it illegal to sell pirated [downloaded] flight simulator x discs online ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

comtec wrote: »
    hello, is it illegal to sell pirated [downloaded] flight simulator x discs online ?

I lol'd

yes, it is, and if you're caught you're looking at a massive fine and/or prison.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

comtec wrote: »

Yes.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement