Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox 360 live set up problem

Options
  • 26-12-2012 4:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

OK, so i found out i have to buy an adapter to set up xbox live but im not prepared to spend 50 euro on one sso i looked into the wired set up. I bought an ethernet cable then went to set it up which was when the problem occured. I had the cable attached to the xbox and router when i realised i could not get internet on anything but the xbox when it was hooked up. my router only has 1 ethernet port so this is the problem. is there any way around this or do i have to buy a second router from argos or power city
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

OK, so i found out i have to buy an adapter to set up xbox live but im not prepared to spend 50 euro on one sso i looked into the wired set up. I bought an ethernet cable then went to set it up which was when the problem occured. I had the cable attached to the xbox and router when i realised i could not get internet on anything but the xbox when it was hooked up. my router only has 1 ethernet port so this is the problem. is there any way around this or do i have to buy a second router from argos or power city
    Thanks

Is it an original 360? If not then it should have wireless capability built in. Follow the setup guide here and let us know if you have any trouble.

If it is an original 360 then the adapter is the only wireless option, otherwise a new router would be the easiest way to go with the wired option.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

The Gnome wrote: »
    Is it an original 360? If not then it should have wireless capability built in. Follow the setup guide here and let us know if you have any trouble.

If it is an original 360 then the adapter is the only wireless option, otherwise a new router would be the easiest way to go with the wired option.

Yea its the original think i might contact my internet provider and see can i swap my router for one with more ethernet ports otherwise ill buy one from argos for 25euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Yea its the original think i might contact my internet provider and see can i swap my router for one with more ethernet ports otherwise ill buy one from argos for 25euro

That's the best option, surprised ISPs are still giving out routers with only one port!

Other than the single port issue can you connect to Live ok?

Advertisement