Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkey Leftovers - Creative Ideas

Options
  • 26-12-2012 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

What do you do with leftover turkey? Anyone willing to share recipes? Any non-patented creative applications?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

What do you do with leftover turkey? Anyone willing to share recipes? Any non-patented creative applications?

A nice turkey curry or stir fry?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Turkey Curry Here Tonight :D

Turkey & Ham Pie is where its at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Turkey between two slices of bread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

hefferboi wrote: »

A Timeless Classic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

hefferboi wrote: »
    Just had a turkey and Mustard sambo myself on batch :)
    Turkey salad is another good one, mix with mayo/onion/salt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ulyssescohen

Nothing more creative?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

leek and turkey pie. made 2 of these today to feed 8 people. used loads of brown turkey meat for flavour, bit of white meat, left over ham and crumbled a bit of leftover stuffing into the pastry. easy and delicious.

turkey and grape salad dressed with half and half ready made mayonaise and natural yoghurt, bit of black pepper and a teaspoon of dijon mustard.

turkey curry is kind foolproof too.

turkey and veg soup - get a bag of soup mix - the one with lentils and barley, throw a handful into a pot with a diced onion, chicken stock [from a cube or do what i did and make turkey stock from the carcass] and a few diced potatos and carrots. when it's all boiled and the veg are done, add turkey meat. yummage.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Turkey rissoles made them for first time tonight. Basically turkey ham stuffing mixed together with an egg bread crumbs and seasoning roll them into golf ball size and coat them in flour egg and breadcrumbs and you can then deep fry, shallow fry or bake. Really delicious and lovely served with chilli sauce or Mayo

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I had turkey on Christmas day, Turkey sandwiches Christmas night, leftover turkey and all the trimmings Stephens Day, turkey curry today and will have turkey sandwiches tomorrow at work.

God bless the noble turkey! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ulyssescohen

That's a cool idea - and in the spirit of thread.
    Emcm wrote: »
    Turkey rissoles made them for first time tonight. Basically turkey ham stuffing mixed together with an egg bread crumbs and seasoning roll them into golf ball size and coat them in flour egg and breadcrumbs and you can then deep fry, shallow fry or bake. Really delicious and lovely served with chilli sauce or Mayo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I had a pizza last night! Put cranberry sauce on it instead of tomato sauce. Turkey, ham, mushrooms, mozzarella and some brie cheese! Wish I had some whole cranberries, would have been great. But it was delicious!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh my goodness, that sounds amazing, PP! *drool*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Still getting through the damn leftovers! Tonight I made a ham and turkey pie, onions, carrots, mushrooms, cream of chicken soup, boiled egg and a potato crust to use up some spuds we had. Otherwise would have been nicer with a puff pastry crust. Simple but tasty and filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Advertisement