Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamesweek 20 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Aguero. My patience has finally run out.

Have RVP and Suarez. Perhaps Torres as a replacement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

G1032 wrote: »
    He hasn't played in any of the last 3 matches

I don't mind. Plan is to play Begovic every game.

Rotating him isn't working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

Done
    -4 ponits
    Jussi, Silva out
    Bunn, Bale in.

Leaves me with this 11 for next game;

Begovic

Cuellar
    Cameron
    Zabaleta

Michu
    Cazorla
    Bale
    Mata

RVP
    Ba
    Suarez

Shane732 wrote: »
    I'd hold on to Rafael. I am anyway. Next two games are WBA and Wigan. If United are going to keep clean sheets at all this season they should certainly pick one up over the next two gameweeks and you'd expect them to pick two up.

United have Liverpool and Spurs after that. I'd give Rafael two weeks.

Naturally that's assuming he'll be fit for the next match. If anyone knows for definite that he won't be - tell me!! I'll need to ditch him.

He hasn't played in the last 3 GW's and is now subject to rotation with Jones and Smalling back. He is definitely a risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

donglen wrote: »
    Aguero. My patience has finally run out.

Have RVP and Suarez. Perhaps Torres as a replacement?

Chelsea don't have the easiest run in the world coming up.

Away to Everton next, Chelsea have only scored once in the last four years away to Everton. Then QPR (easy fixture), Stoke and Arsenal (only scored 2 goals in the corresponding fixture over the last 4 years).

Would you consider Berbatov or a Spurs striker?

donglen wrote: »
    He hasn't played in the last 3 GW's and is now subject to rotation with Jones and Smalling back. He is definitely a risk.

He is out injured at the moment. The way Jones and Smalling are playing I'd expect him to get the nod when he's back.

Away to Everton next, Chelsea have only scored once in the last four years away to Everton. Then QPR (easy fixture), Stoke and Arsenal (only scored 2 goals in the corresponding fixture over the last 4 years).

Yep, fair point on Chelsea games. I'm just being drawn towards Torres.
    Berba too inconsistent but would definitely consider Defoe - SUN , REA , QPR coming up.

He is out injured at the moment. The way Jones and Smalling are playing I'd expect him to get the nod when he's back.

Fair enough, but at his price I think you want him to be a definite starter. He's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

What are Tevez owners doing with him? I had originally planned on keeping him for the season but now not so sure.

Really thinking of showing him the door, but he might get another gameweek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Everton haven't kept a clean sheet in 10+ GWs, can't see that changing against Chelsea tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Skippy44 wrote: »
    Everton haven't kept a clean sheet in 10+ GWs, can't see that changing against Chelsea tbh

I would fancy a Chelsea defender scoring in this one...Luiz? Cahill?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

jolim24601 wrote: »
    I would fancy a Chelsea defender scoring in this one...Luiz? Cahill?

Azpilicueta?

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Azpilicueta?

Maybe Ivanovic?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

G1032 wrote: »
    Done
    -4 ponits
    Jussi, Silva out
    Bunn, Bale in.

Leaves me with this 11 for next game;

Begovic

Cuellar
    Cameron
    Zabaleta

Michu
    Cazorla
    Bale
    Mata

RVP
    Ba
    Suarez
    I hope you have subs that will play because Cameron will miss the next game thru suspension and it looks like Michu might miss the next game with a knock he picked up today. Good chance of Mata being rested too.

Bad move taking a 4 point hit to get rid of Jussi as he has Reading, Norwich, Sunderland and QPR in his next 4 while Bunn has Man City, West Ham, Newcastle, Liverpool and Spurs.

Jussi would have been a great option to replace Begovic next gameweek as he will be missing Cameron and Shawcross thru suspension from the back 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

League Cup games are included in the 5 yellows then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

I'm thinking Rooney and Sterling out for Hernandez and Bale.

Will Hernandez start now with Rooney out I wonder, Welbeck is down as an illness...not sure how bad he is?

Bale is sure to start and is going up tonight.

Going to ditch the Sterling train as suggested, even though he will probably start against QPR which is a good fixture, but he hasn't been great recently anyways.

Not sure on Rafael, but don't want to take a hit to get rid of him, I think he will start if fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Sess & Hazard out, Bale & Nolan in.

CSF wrote: »
    League Cup games are included in the 5 yellows then?
    Yes

Looks like I'm going to go back on my own advice and ditch Raf.

I need some Spurs defence cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Sterling out, Bale in. Easy decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Invincible

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    I'm thinking Rooney and Sterling out for Hernandez and Bale.

Will Hernandez start now with Rooney out I wonder, Welbeck is down as an illness...not sure how bad he is?

Bale is sure to start and is going up tonight.

Going to ditch the Sterling train as suggested, even though he will probably start against QPR which is a good fixture, but he hasn't been great recently anyways.

Not sure on Rafael, but don't want to take a hit to get rid of him, I think he will start if fit.

Was looking at same transfers, but what chance of Kagawa returning...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

rafael out, joey o brien in. an extra 1.7m to replace sterling if he doesn't start next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

Steel Dog wrote: »
    I hope you have subs that will play because Cameron will miss the next game thru suspension and it looks like Michu might miss the next game with a knock he picked up today. Good chance of Mata being rested too.

Bad move taking a 4 point hit to get rid of Jussi as he has Reading, Norwich, Sunderland and QPR in his next 4 while Bunn has Man City, West Ham, Newcastle, Liverpool and Spurs.

Jussi would have been a great option to replace Begovic next gameweek as he will be missing Cameron and Shawcross thru suspension from the back 4.
    I've been rotating Begovic and Jussi all season with disastrous results. One of them had to go. We'll see how it pans out sure......!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

poxy Rooney injury. already got Baleinho in. looks like i'll have to ship Rooney for a hit as no doubt his price will tumble and i'm already without Shawcross next gw as well as Michu doubt and general rotation worries. Bah humbug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I need a defender. Already have Shawcross and Cameron ruled out so need to drop garrido who I never play for someone 5.4 or less. Was thinking gibbs but their upcoming fixtures are awful. Is gallas guaranteed a game? Or should I go ultra cheap like demel and save my money?

Team is:
    Begovic
    Mertesacker bassong garrido
    Bale puncheon Mata Cazorla
    RVP Berbatov torres

Jaask Shawcross Cameron michu

With 1ft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Did Yaya and Aguero to Bale and Hernandez, Hernandez could be a good short term gamble with Rooney out.

I need a defender. Already have Shawcross and Cameron ruled out so need to drop garrido who I never play for someone 5.4 or less. Was thinking gibbs but their upcoming fixtures are awful. Is gallas guaranteed a game? Or should I go ultra cheap like demel and save my money?

Team is:
    Begovic
    RVP Berbatov torres

With 1ft

Gibbs may be worth the risk and Arsene loves the way he links up with Podolski, I'd get him in myself but it'd cost me -8. Gallas is defo not guaranteed a game, it seems as if he and Caulker are being rotated accordingly, both have played 2 out of the last 4 iirc with Jan V the everpresent.

Team is:
    Begovic
    RVP Berbatov torres

With 1ft

You might consider Smalling. I've got Caulker myself but neither of these two are guaranteed 90 minutes.

I made a big mistake with Caulker I think Gallas has got his spot nailed for the foreseeable future.

You might consider Smalling. I've got Caulker myself but neither of these two are guaranteed 90 minutes.

I made a big mistake with Caulker I think Gallas has got his spot nailed for the foreseeable future.

Respectfully I think Gallas is the one of the two that will be marginalised in the future. Gallas is 35 and not first choice imo. Vetroghen is nailed on and Caulker is his preferred part

Skippy44 wrote: »
    Respectfully I think Gallas is the one of the two that will be marginalised in the future. Gallas is 35 and not first choice imo. Vetroghen is nailed on and Caulker is his preferred part

That's very true maybe Caulker will start the next game then. It's kind of odd seeing defenders get rotated every other game though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Anybody got a next six fixtures thing that is updated more often than the fantasyepl one?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

I have Shorey (reading) in my squad.
    he has been dropped in the last 2 game, with Harte starting both
    and getting 2 clean sheet.
    is it worth it to change them?
    just want to fill in my sub with starter, because of cameron and fellaini (suspended).
    and michu with 75% chance of playing .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Smalling? He is neither nailed on nor decent. Won't be touching any utd defenders with rotation risks and leakiness problems if I can help it. Gave rafael the boot a month ago and haven't looked back.

Leaning towards o'brien and pocketing the change now. Especially with reading next for the hammers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

Which transfer should I do?

Tevez -> Suarez

Or

Yaya -> Mata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

What do ye think of Hernandes for the next few games while rooneys out. I have RVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

I have 2 FT team at present.

Begovic
    Cuellar, Enrique, Shorey, Clark, Fonte
    Silva, Sterling, Bale, Michu, Cazorla
    Berbatov, Suarez, RVP

I am thinking Silva -> Mata and Enrique -> Gibbs thoughts? Anyone else i should get rid or bring in?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

no12 wrote: »
    I have 2 FT team at present.

Begovic
    Cuellar, Enrique, Shorey, Clark, Fonte
    Silva, Sterling, Bale, Michu, Cazorla
    Berbatov, Suarez, RVP

I am thinking Silva -> Mata and Enrique -> Gibbs thoughts? Anyone else i should get rid or bring in?

I would hold off on the Mata transfer till January. It's quite likely he will be rested on Saturday and Everton is also a tough place to go.

Enrique to Gibbs seems sensible tbh, Gibbs looks to be going up in price tonight and will have a DGW in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

Just did Tevez to Hernandez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Have 2 free transfers, worried about rotation for Tevez, RVP and Mata, tempted to bring Hazard in for Mata and maybe Podolski for Tevez.

• Advertisement

Ice87 wrote: »

I would hold off on the Mata transfer till January. It's quite likely he will be rested on Saturday and Everton is also a tough place to go.

Enrique to Gibbs seems sensible tbh, Gibbs looks to be going up in price tonight and will have a DGW in a couple of weeks.
    Don't think Everton away is a place where players really get rested. I would see Mata and Hazard both playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Have 2 ft and looking to get rid of Silva. Is Bale fit for the weekend? Might try get Osman in too. In great form and Everton have a decent fixture list after the next 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Jussi/Begovic

Rafael/Shawcross/Caulker/Demel/Nastasic

Bale/Silva/Mata/Michu/Puncheon

Rooney/Tevez/Berbatov

2 FT & 0.1m in the bank

Rooney obviously has to go today

Could do RVP & downgrade Silva to a 7.5m midfielder

Or go for another striker and have change leftover, thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dempsey wrote: »
    Jussi/Begovic

Rafael/Shawcross/Caulker/Demel/Nastasic

Bale/Silva/Mata/Michu/Puncheon

Rooney/Tevez/Berbatov

2 FT & 0.1m in the bank

Rooney obviously has to go today

Could do RVP & downgrade Silva to a 7.5m midfielder

Or go for another striker and have change leftover, thoughts?
    Felliani will soon be 7.5 and his ban is almost up ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Sold Cameron for Davies(Swansea).

He's going to miss the game against Southampton and Stokes next 2 games after that are against Man City and Chelsea.

Hernandez for fletcher is my only 1 this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

km79 wrote: »
    Felliani will soon be 7.5 and his ban is almost up ....

The only flaw with that plan is that i'll have 2 players definitely out (Fellaini & Shawcross and 2 that are doubtful (Michu & Rafael)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Although he's in fantastic form and in my long-term plans I'm thinking of taking out Mata for Cazorla.

Chelsea have Everton and Stoke away from home over their next three fixtures, and must be wrecked as they have played a lot of games in the last while. It's very possible that Mata will be rested at some point.

Arsenal have Newcastle and Southampton in their next two. These are both good footballing sides who try to outplay their opponents, and are the kind of team Arsenal sometimes but a good few past. I also don't see anyway Cazorla gets rested.

I'm going to hold off though as Mata is going up in price tonight and Cazorla is closer to a drop than a rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

after a 3rd week of red arrows and a disastrous 24 point total that saw me drop 140,000 places , I've swapped Rooney (calamitous transfer) for RVP and Dempsey to Sess.

Fellaini looks like dropping tonight which should bring him within range for a straight swap for Pienaar for me next week, nice.

Just hoping for no more injuries/suspensions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Have 2 FTs.

Thinking of doing Baines and Yaya to Gibbs and Bale.

Anyone care to give me a reason not to?

Benimar wrote: »
    Have 2 FTs.

Thinking of doing Baines and Yaya to Gibbs and Bale.

Anyone care to give me a reason not to?
    No because it sounds good to me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement