Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamesweek 20 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

any good website thats accurate at indicating price drops or rises??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

For anyone considering Mata.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8363262/

Don't think he'll be rested till maybe QPR at home if even. That would give him a nice long rest of almost 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Will Walcott play? Arsenal reportin Giroud and Rosicky are available after illness left them out of the Wigan clash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

jolim24601 wrote: »
    wth is jussi injured or something? guzan is playing just awful goalkeeping i would not put him in unless someone paid me money to do it.

Guzan is in the top 6 goalkeepers (probably would be top 7 if ruddy wasn't injured).
    he picked up 5 points in the Chelsea game even though they got an 8-0 hammering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

any good website thats accurate at indicating price drops or rises??

http://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Any news on the duff injury?
    FFS has hime back for the weekend but you couldn't trust that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

q2ice wrote: »
    Any news on the duff injury?
    FFS has hime back for the weekend but you couldn't trust that.

Most injury updates will be tomorrow tbh, anything today will be just speculation and hacks trying to fill column inches

Probably not the answer you want though! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Any suggestions?

gQE1t.png

Planning Yaya to Fellaini when he's back from suspension. That would give me .7 in the bank. Want to ship out Shorey but I don't know who to get in for him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Despite the 4 yellows hanging over him and despite the fact he has Subderland away, had to get in Bale St Stephens night when I got home. Knew he'd rise 0.3 this week andwill probably do the same over the next 3 gw's. by the time the ex comes around he coul be 10.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

BroLo wrote: »
    Any suggestions?

gQE1t.png

Planning Yaya to Fellaini when he's back from suspension. That would give me .7 in the bank. Want to ship out Shorey but I don't know who to get in for him.

If your planning on playing the jan wildcard early you could go tevez to hernandez and shorey to luiz. Should work out well for next two gws, however think I may have recommended shorey to you in advance of the Double GW.

• Advertisement

I'll probably steer clear of Hernandez. Got Shorey in for the DGW, but he hasn't started the last two and he hasn't contributed much when he did. I should probably get Tevez out though just don't know who to bring in for him, considering Torres now that he has got some scoring potential and I do need Chelsea cover.

I'll probably steer clear of Hernandez. Got Shorey in for the DGW, but he hasn't started the last two and he hasn't contributed much when he did. I should probably get Tevez out though just don't know who to bring in for him, considering Torres now that he has got some scoring potential and I do need Chelsea cover.

Have torres myself atleast hes guaranteed a start every game and is having a good season ff wise.

Have torres myself atleast hes guaranteed a start every game and is having a good season ff wise.

Yeah, so I'm debating bringing him in for Tevez.

I might do Yaya -> Fellaini, Tevez -> Torres and Shorey -> Ben Davies, when Fellaini is fit again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Two players injured/suspended (Shawcross/Whittaker), one doubtful (Rafael), and a question mark hanging over the other (Michu). Not to mention that one has been dropped from his team (Shorey) and I've already made my free transfer.

January 1st cannot come soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Any suggestions?

gQE1t.png

i'd get geoff cameron in from stoke when his one match suspension is over. after doing yaya to fellaini of course. then u will have enough funds to get rid of shorey. stoke have most clean sheets so far this season and cameron is a regular starter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

help needed.

begovic federici
    mertesacker rafael cuellar shorey enrique
    bale michu sterling puncheon mata
    tevez ba suarez

2 f/t & 1.7 million in the bank

last gw i was short a player so don't want to repeat that mistake. please suggest who to sell/buy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Michu is OUT for the game at the weekend and is doubtful for Villa on Jan 1.

Michael Laudrup on Michu. “Ruled out for Fulham. But he is better. I feared worst when it happened. Poss back Aston Villa, if not FA Cup.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Michu is OUT for the game at the weekend and is doubtful for Villa on Jan 1.

Michael Laudrup on Michu. “Ruled out for Fulham. But he is better. I feared worst when it happened. Poss back Aston Villa, if not FA Cup.”

won't really have much of an effect, maybe just if your team is already struggling with injuries and suspensions... not dreaming of transferring him out anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Took a bit of a gamble and did Demel and Podolski in for Clarke and Tevez. Half an eye on the upcoming dgw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

all these injuries are examples of why a bench is so important, and why Christmas breaks so many teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

bohsman wrote: »
    Took a bit of a gamble and did Demel and Podolski in for Clarke and Tevez. Half an eye on the upcoming dgw.

Ya I'm starting to prepare for the double game week too, tempted to take a punt on Carlton Cole but that just might be madness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Tempted to do Tevez to Hernandez but it's realistically a short term transfer not a real fan of doing them .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

SlickRic wrote: »
    all these injuries are examples of why a bench is so important, and why Christmas breaks so many teams.

I've had a solid bench all year round, normally all 15 players would get 90 mins. But if all the injuries/suspensions/rests/postponed games come at one time, there's very little you can do outside of taking a big points hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Definitely wont be taking a pts hit.

Does have the feeling of a dodgy week though, Stoke defenders out, Michu out, Sterling on the fringes atm. I've used my FT already too.

Still anything can happen, looks like RVP cant be rested right now, Suarez the same, Defoe is scoring so hopefully he starts again as Adebayor looks dreadful this season, Bale on form after injury, Cazorla starting after a free week vs a Newcastle side who gave a huge effort at United and have injuries. Hopefully Stoke keep a CS vs Southampton with Begovic in there. Potential for pts there.Fingers crossed!

Santi101 wrote: »

Does have the feeling of a dodgy week though, Stoke defenders out, Michu out, Sterling on the fringes atm. I've used my FT already too.

Still anything can happen, looks like RVP cant be rested right now, Suarez the same, Defoe is scoring so hopefully he starts again as Adebayor looks dreadful this season, Bale on form after injury, Cazorla starting after a free week vs a Newcastle side who gave a huge effort at United and have injuries. Hopefully Stoke keep a CS vs Southampton with Begovic in there. Potential for pts there.Fingers crossed!

Tevez is now 75% due to illness. I have yaya and tevez who I may ship out for Defoe and fellani (next week) I wanted bale but can't afford him so Defoe will have to do for spurs coverage. I hope that doesn't come back to bite me as bale could really go up in value and become a must have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Bale and Cuellar in for Silva and Ollson. Yay or nay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Santi101 wrote: »

Im in the exact same boat except i also have Rooney and most of my bench aren't starting, luckily have 2 FTs so gonna bring in Hernandez and Vertonghen.

Hernandez is a short term gamble but i think Tottenham are the way forward for clean sheets over the next few GWs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Loads transferring Michu out. I've him since the beginning so would use up a fair bit of cash trying to get him back in. Hope Laudrup is being upfront about his injury. Would be a disaster if he ended up out for 4 games or so and his price plummeted. That's a lot of points you'd be hoping your cheap 5th mid can earn over another heavy hitting replacement for Michu.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Bale and Cuellar in for Silva and Ollson. Yay or nay?

Yay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Loads transferring Michu out. I've him since the beginning so would use up a fair bit of cash trying to get him back in. Hope Laudrup is being upfront about his injury. Would be a disaster if he ended up out for 4 games or so and his price plummeted. That's a lot of points you'd be hoping your cheap 5th mid can earn over another heavy hitting replacement for Michu.

Sold him once and suffered so i ain't selling him again,her should be fine by all accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm wondering whether Michu or Fellaini will score more points between here and the seasons end, I don't want to part with Bale or Mata or any of my front three so I may have to choose between them. I really can't see Michu scoring at the rate he has been, he seems to have a midas touch at the moment, it can't go on forever, Fellaini's goals and assists seem more likely to continue. I'm pretty settled at the back so if I decide on Fellaini I can bring in Nolan for tomorrow, there's another player whose luck has to turn soon,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Berbatov out --- Hernandez in .... good idea lads??

walcott in for me with arsenal not playing midweek and newcastle having a tough game against utd he could have a field day. Was delighted with bales hat trick as I have him and anyone that doesnt will get him in so Walcott will be a good differential this week less than 3% ownership.

irishfeen wrote: »

Wouldn't think so myself .
    Berba's done well this season and with Ruiz back to fitness I'd be expecting him to start scoring well again .

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Wouldn't think so myself .
    Berba's done well this season and with Ruiz back to fitness I'd be expecting him to start scoring well again .
    Brought him in about 8 weeks ago and have only got 2 points each week until Stephens day .... I'm in two minds over him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭slingerz

walcott in for me with arsenal not playing midweek and newcastle having a tough game against utd he could have a field day. Was delighted with bales hat trick as I have him and anyone that doesnt will get him in so Walcott will be a good differential this week less than 3% ownership.

Yep Walcott could be a good differential if he is continued up top, what happens if Wenger brings back Giroud tho?

Walcott wide right maybe?

only if you dont have rvp and are planning on playing the jan wildcard early

slingerz wrote: »
    Yep Walcott could be a good differential if he is continued up top, what happens if Wenger brings back Giroud tho?

Walcott wide right maybe?

they have won the two games he played up top so you would imagine he will start there tomorrow and worst case scenario on the right .

only if you dont have rvp and are planning on playing the jan wildcard early

This is my team lads, after an awful start I had began to move up the boards.ie league but I seem to be fairly static lately.

abqm8i.jpg

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

This is my team lads, after an awful start I had began to move up the boards.ie league but I seem to be fairly static lately.

abqm8i.jpg

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

That's a very good team, personally I'd have Bale over Silva and I'd be rid of Tevez, swap Schneiderlin for Puncheon and look to bring in Fellaini next week.

There's plenty of luck involved good and bad but there is no reason why that couldn't be a shít hot team with very little work, you could easily bring in Luiz for Enrique as well by downgrading a little elsewhere.

• Advertisement

got in Walcott there. he has a great record against Newcastle who are without Williamson and Gutierrez too. Southampton up next. And the dgw of course :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I don't see the big fuss about Bale at the minute he scored a hat trick against a pretty poor Aston Villa team and Santi Cazorla scored a hat trick against a pretty poor Reading team as well. I'm going to wait on the Bale situation and see how he gets on in the next match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    I don't see the big fuss about Bale at the minute he scored a hat trick against a pretty poor Aston Villa team and Santi Cazorla scored a hat trick against a pretty poor Reading team as well. I'm going to wait on the Bale situation and see how he gets on in the next match.
    I agree, Bale is only one stupid tackle or dive (we all know he loves a good tumble) away from a match ban too.

manual_man wrote: »
    got in Walcott there. he has a great record against Newcastle who are without Williamson and Gutierrez too. Southampton up next. And the dgw of course :)

would u consider captaining him im thinking about it but will prob stick with rvp.

would u consider captaining him im thinking about it but will prob stick with rvp.

tempted, but i'll probly stick it on rvp, even with the slight risk of him being rested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Michu injured and Cameron suspended means I've only one on the bench. Gonna be a disaster if a few of the big lads are rested.

I agree, Bale is only one stupid tackle or dive (we all know he loves a good tumble) away from a match ban too.

point is though that we've seen this season various players scoring big even though they were one match away from a suspension. Fellaini, Bale, Suarez. also the four yellows don't carry through to the new year, so if he (and others) escape a yellow in the next 2 games the slate is wiped clear. Bale for me anyway is someone i see staying in my team for the rest of the season, devastating player who will be among the top points scorers at the end of the season

That's a very good team, personally I'd have Bale over Silva and I'd be rid of Tevez, swap Schneiderlin for Puncheon and look to bring in Fellaini next week.

There's plenty of luck involved good and bad but there is no reason why that couldn't be a shít hot team with very little work, you could easily bring in Luiz for Enrique as well by downgrading a little elsewhere.

And replace Tevez with who though? ... no one else seems to be jumping out and picking himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

is baird of fulham a guaranteed starter? want him or hughes but the .2 saving would be handy

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    point is though that we've seen this season various players scoring big even though they were one match away from a suspension. Fellaini, Bale, Suarez. also the four yellows don't carry through to the new year, so if he (and others) escape a yellow in the next game the slate is wiped clear. Bale for me anyway is someone i see staying in my team for the rest of the season, devastating player who will be among the top points scorers at the end of the season

It's the next game not next 2 and the slate isn't wiped clear they just need to get 10 before the 2nd sunday in april to be banned or 15 after that .

Advertisement