Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamesweek 20 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

irishfeen wrote: »
    And replace Tevez with who though? ... no one else seems to be jumping out and picking himself.

if ur staying away from bale tevez to defoe could be a good move

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

if ur staying away from bale tevez to defoe could be a good move
    Yeah I can't decide what to do, either bring in Walcott/Bale or keep Tevez....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Jax Teller wrote: »

It's the next game not next 2 and the slate isn't wiped clear they just need to get 10 before the 2nd sunday in april to be banned or 15 after that .

just one game. even better (as long as he doesn't get booked :p). after that he'd want to be doing full-on swan lake to pick up 6 bookings by mid-April. needing to pick up 6 bookings in less time than was needed to pick up 5 is infinitely better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Down to the bare bones & already transferred out McCauley for Gibbs.Michu out,Tevez & Nelsen doubts,Shawcross suspended leaves me possibly only having 10 fit players.
    Should I take a points hit (Caulker just seems to be taking up a place) or wait & see if my doubtful players get a game?

Have 0.1 in the bank so not much room for manouvre.

Is Michu definitely out lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

zerks wrote: »
    Down to the bare bones & already transferred out McCauley for Gibbs.Michu out,Tevez & Nelsen doubts,Shawcross suspended leaves me possibly only having 10 fit players.
    Should I take a points hit (Caulker just seems to be taking up a place) or wait & see if my doubtful players get a game?

Have 0.1 in the bank so not much room for manouvre.

In a similar situation but Harry at least is hopeful that Nelsen will be available.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1723396/QPRs-Redknapp-hopeful-Nelsen-fit-to-face-Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Yes, likely to be only one game though but with the next one so close who knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Definitely out but may be fit for Villa at home on New Years Day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20846222

Yes, likely to be only one game though but with the next one so close who knows?
    Any chance with Welbeck back for United that Ferguson may rest Van Persie and bring him on if in trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Any chance with Welbeck back for United that Ferguson may rest Van Persie and bring him on if in trouble?

Id say he was defo earmarked for a rest in this game as he will want him fresh for wigan however rooneys injury changes this. I would say its more likely he will be substituted on the hour mark if a couple of goals up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

honeybear wrote: »
    help needed.

begovic federici
    mertesacker rafael cuellar shorey enrique
    bale michu sterling puncheon mata
    tevez ba suarez

2 f/t & 1.7 million in the bank

last gw i was short a player so don't want to repeat that mistake. please suggest who to sell/buy

Repost due to desperation.
    Please HELP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Did the change from ba to defoe earlier. Based on the last two sunderland games this may not have been wise but spurs have two good games after that. Just saw the match preview on bbc and noticed that this game doesnt traditionally produce many goals so could end up nill all.

Duff looks to be a good certainty to miss the game tomorrow, based on bbc preview. So question is who to replace him with?
    Have nothing in the bank so can only spend £6 mill.

Was thinking puncheon to a weakened stoke defence! Is there better alternatives out there?
    Have 1 free transfer left. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Please HELP

id defo get rid of rafael for starters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Please HELP

Get rid of Rafael, maybe for Nastasic. Or wait till next week and bring in Cameron.

Tevez is likely out so Berbatov might be a good shout.

Use the savings next week to bring Fellaini in for Sterling/Puncheon.

Please HELP

Desperation my arse, thats a fine side, if I was you I would downgrade Enrique and Rafael to get in Van Persie for Tevez.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Transfers made for the week. Not feeling too positive about it, could be worse though.

McCarthy in for Michu - Hoping Villa continue to be poor in defense.
    Used the excess points to bring in Berba for Pogrebnyak (He was just for bench) which now allows be to start three forwards of good quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Silva out for Walcott or Santi? Silva just isn't explosive enough. And Man City seem to be in a bit of a funk at present. Walcott injury prone and contract situation is an issue. But i think he can return more than Cazorla in any match. Cazorla just drops too deep. Still a bit of a headache picking either one.

Silva out for Walcott or Santi? Silva just isn't explosive enough. And Man City seem to be in a bit of a funk at present. Walcott injury prone and contract situation is an issue. But i think he can return more than Cazorla in any match. Cazorla just drops too deep. Still a bit of a headache picking either one.

I'd go Walcott. Fancy him to keep his spot up front. Wildcard always around the corner if a change required

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Michu and Tevez out, berba and Bale in
    Fulham have 3 tidy fixtures coming up, hopefully berba can bag me a few points.
    Knowing my luck, Tevez will have a stormer at the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Desperation my arse, thats a fine side, if I was you I would downgrade Enrique and Rafael to get in Van Persie for Tevez.

Any alternative to rvp? (arsenal fan & am stubbornly not budging!)
    Am also worried about defence, especially Shorey & Rafael. Would I be crazy to get a Chelsea defender?

• Advertisement

Am also worried about defence, especially Shorey & Rafael. Would I be crazy to get a Chelsea defender?

Not at all, I would say that Luiz is much better value than either Rafael or Enrique and only a little more expensive.

Alternative to Van Persie, I would have Aguero, class player who will surely score a lot of goals and probably get much more minutes than Tevez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Budge. FF is a game that needs to be played with head only.

I'm thinking about getting Luiz in but my only expensive defender at the moment is Cameron, really don't like spending big on defence.

q2ice wrote: »
    Did the change from ba to defoe earlier. Based on the last two sunderland games this may not have been wise but spurs have two good games after that. Just saw the match preview on bbc and noticed that this game doesnt traditionally produce many goals so could end up nill all.

Duff looks to be a good certainty to miss the game tomorrow, based on bbc preview. So question is who to replace him with?
    Have nothing in the bank so can only spend £6 mill.

Was thinking puncheon to a weakened stoke defence! Is there better alternatives out there?
    Have 1 free transfer left. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fancy a risk? Carrick has been returning well to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I went with Walcott myself. For me, he's more of a goal threat than Cazorla, despite Santi's hat trick against Reading.

City just aren't scoring enough to justify the Silva outlay. He's a player who depends on assists and the strikers aren't taking their chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

Get him in. I'm an Arsenal fan and have him.
    Money at stake here..........lots of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Considering tevez and Lambert out berbatov and torres in for a 4 point hit. What do ye think.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Does anyone know who's likely to start In the reading defence besides shorey?.seems like a bit of a Russian roulette job.gunter has started the last 2 but I dunno am I confident enough to pull the trigger.have 4.1m to spend so .1m short for shorey.theres not many fit short term options in that price bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

I was of the same thinking myself this season I swore blind I wouldn't have in my team but once he scored that hat trick at Southampton I knew he was going to be essential this season started at 13m and due to hit 14m so get him quick before he costs you more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Well I've gone with Mata and Torres for a 4 point hit, so I'm expecting a 0-0 in that match.. Happy enough with the rest of my team

Jussi
    Demel Gibbs Clyne
    Bale Mata Cazorla Pienaar
    RVP Berbatov Torres

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Kevin Nolan in for Michu.. This week Il get it right... hes sure to pick up that 5th booking now:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Mata or Walcott?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Hernandez or RVP...

RVP will take 2 FT's to do and I have to downgrade a player

Take Hernandez & I could upgrade Puncheon to Cazorla/Walcott giving me a midfield of Bale, Silva, Mata, Michu & Cazorla/Walcott, Tevez, Hernandez & Berbatov up top...

Cant make up my mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Mcauley to Nastasic,boring FT but hopefully he might get a CS,Maculey has been no use FF wise this season.

Waiting on the WC now..........

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

iMuse wrote: »
    Mata or Walcott?
    Mata for me at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I've gone nuts pre-WC.

since I have Silva already as City cover, I've brought in Benteke for Tevez.

guaranteed 90 minutes, and it's at home to Wigan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

amber69 wrote: »
    Considering tevez and Lambert out berbatov and torres in for a 4 point hit. What do ye think.

I'd definitely ship Lambert. Tevez hasn't come up with the goods in a while but by the law of averages he's due to bag a big score; that's if he plays of course. With all the variables of this game, at least you can be fairly sure of Torres and Berbatov playing regularly if you decide to go down that route

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Dempsey wrote: »
    Hernandez or RVP...

Take Hernandez & I could upgrade Puncheon to Cazorla/Walcott giving me a midfield of Bale, Silva, Mata, Michu & Cazorla/Walcott, Tevez, Hernandez & Berbatov up top...

Cant make up my mind!
    RVP all day long. Hernandez has a good chance of getting points for the next game or two but i think he will be back on the bench once Rooney returns from injury and then you will be looking to replace him again. If you get RVP in you will more than likely be keeping him for the rest of the season and he makes picking a captain alot easier.

If i was you i would be going for something like this:

Bale, Mata, Michu, Puncheon, Walcott or Fellaini

Tevez, RVP, Berbatov

Dempsey wrote: »
    Hernandez or RVP...

Cant make up my mind!

Who do you drop each week from that front 8 tho? Even with no VP it does look sh1t hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

Michu and Tevez to Berba and Bale for a 4 point hit? anybody think its worth it.
    My team currently is
    Schwarzer

Clyne----Luiz
    O'brien
    ----yaya----Mata----Santi----Michu
    Rvp---Benteke----Tevez

Subs: Guzan, Sidwell, Cuellar, Shawcross

dc6978c4fe9ab282e00300575575607b.png?1356736469

2 decisions to make. (A) play Stam or Clyne and (B) Noble or Taraabt. Tough choice IMO, any advice welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Surprised more aren't keeping michu for the week.cost too much for me to get him back

Bigtoe107 wrote: »
    Michu and Tevez to Berba and Bale for a 4 point hit? anybody think its worth it.
    My team currently is
    Schwarzer

Clyne----Luiz
    O'brien
    ----yaya----Mata----Santi----Michu
    Rvp---Benteke----Tevez

Subs: Guzan, Sidwell, Cuellar, Shawcross

Can you not get Bale another way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Steel Dog wrote: »
    RVP all day long. Hernandez has a good chance of getting points for the next game or two but i think he will be back on the bench once Rooney returns from injury and then you will be looking to replace him again. If you get RVP in you will more than likely be keeping him for the rest of the season and he makes picking a captain alot easier.

If i was you i would be going for something like this:

Bale, Mata, Michu, Puncheon, Walcott or Fellaini

Tevez, RVP, Berbatov

True, the only problem with getting Fellaini now is that I might struggle to field 11 players again!
    Skippy44 wrote: »
    Who do you drop each week from that front 8 tho? Even with no VP it does look sh1t hot.

Good point!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

Skippy44 wrote: »
    Can you not get Bale another way?

How would you suggest I only have 1.1 m in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Thoughts on Ashley Young's chances of starting both United games? Injury didn't sound too serious. Very tempted to take a punt.

If you sell Michu & Tevez, how much have you got then?

How about shifting Yaya instead of Chu-chu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

lads will demel start tomorrow? any injury news? really need to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

@Skippy44. I'd play Taarabt over Noble.

The only way Noble will get you points is from a penalty or an assist from a corner/free kick. It doesn't really matter who the opposition is.

Taarabt is QPR's biggest threat and has plenty of opportunities in most matches. Liverpool aren't exactly rock solid at the moment either.

@Skippy44. I'd play Taarabt over Noble.

The only way Noble will get you points is from a penalty or an assist from a corner/free kick. It doesn't really matter who the opposition is.

Taarabt is QPR's biggest threat and has plenty of opportunities in most matches. Liverpool aren't exactly rock solid at the moment either.

Ya, cheers. Taraabt on set pieces too n may take a pen if they ever get one. Will keep Noble for the DGW tho.

• Advertisement
Advertisement