Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hell Ain't a Bad Place To Be - Mick Wall

Options
  • 26-12-2012 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

Just finished reading this biography of AC/DC, it's a good read considering there was no input from the band.
    About 3/4's of the book covers up to For those about to rock, the rest of their career is covered at a lot faster pace, this is probably due to the fact Ian Jefferey (ex friend, ex manager, etc) contributed a lot up to that point.
    The early days and Bon Scott era are covered very well, such a shame for Bon that as they were on the verge of international success he never got to enjoy it.
    Malcolm Young seems to be a very unlikeable individual however if it wasn't for his drive or ambition (and George Young) there is no doubt AC/DC would not be where they are today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah I've read that. It's pretty good. Once you've read a couple they're all the same though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Might get it myself. I liked his Mick Wall's Metallica biography very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Coincidentally, I just got this yesterday as a late Christmas present, looking forward to reading it...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Might get it myself. I liked his Mick Wall's Metallica biography very much.

Read that too. Seemed to me to be a biography of Mick Wall occassionally featuring Metallica.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Naraka

I bought this the other day. Looking forward to reading it. AC/DC are a band whose music I've loved for years but I know very little about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,972 ✭✭✭✭briany

I think that second hand accounts are the best you're every going to get for AC/DC. I'm sure that certain members of AC/DC had their 70s moments and all but one of the things I like best about AC/DC is they seem fairly private and down to earth. Not the type to air their own dirty laundry. Book still sounds like a good read though. Might check it out.

Advertisement