Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navan Road/blackhorse avenue ..Park Crescent apartments ?

Options
  • 26-12-2012 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Anybody got any experience of living in these apartments ..

seems like a decent area ..close to town and the phoenix park ..

how is it for schools for kids ..childcare ...

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=685849

All wisdom welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

rocketed wrote: »
    Anybody got any experience of living in these apartments ..

seems like a decent area ..close to town and the phoenix park ..

how is it for schools for kids ..childcare ...

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=685849

All wisdom welcome

I have 2 friends living there and they love it.
    I know the area well and it is nice, close to schools, shops, pubs, couldn't be closer to the park.
    Childcare, plenty in the area, no idea of price.
    It's an old complex but the one advertised looks modern, both my friends are owners and there is a strong residents association.
    Pm me if you want more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

I lived there a few years back and loved it. It felt safe, the neighbours were all nice, and in the apartment itself you couldn't hear any noise from others. The balcony also added to our quality of life. I sat out there loads listening to the sounds from the park, you can sometimes hear the animals in the zoo. Having said that, it was only me and my partner living there and we had enough space. I think if we had kids it might have been a bit cramped. I don't think any of the Park Crescent flats are bigger than two bedroom, are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rocketed

I am thinking for kids at a young age it might be good ...but i would think not ideal for a family for full life.

as they are older buildings can they be a little damp , cold ...overcast by big trees beside them.

With a kid the ground floor would be good but the security might be an issue.

I assume as older apartments they will need a revamp at some stage.

thanks for info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

rocketed wrote: »
    I am thinking for kids at a young age it might be good ...but i would think not ideal for a family for full life.

as they are older buildings can they be a little damp , cold ...overcast by big trees beside them.

With a kid the ground floor would be good but the security might be an issue.

I assume as older apartments they will need a revamp at some stage.

thanks for info.

That apartment looks good to me but older buildings in Ireland have feck all insulation.

One of my friends replaced the large sliding doors at the back that overlook the park with triple glazed, made a big difference in the winter.

Have you viewed it yet, if not in picture 4/7 the lawn in the picture has some rough shrubs to the right, if the camera had gone over a bit more you would have seen the park wall, that's how close you are.

Being on the third floor is a good thing, cancel the gym.

Advertisement