Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else buy a meep tablet for Christmas?

Options
  • 26-12-2012 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Santa brought us one yesterday but I can't seem to set it up...after all day yesterday not able to access the site we finally got onto it today and turns out you need Google Chrome to use.. Couldn't download the browser onto my tablet so had to go out and borrow a computer. Now am getting as far as entering the tablets serial number but it won't let me go any further. It was expensive like and I'm not impressed, not very much you can do with it before registering!
    Anyone else had problems? Seriously at the stage of trying to return it..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

Check the Meep facebook page, apparently its a problem all across Europe... Don't know the ins and outs but there was a LOT of people who could not get it to set up

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rosedust84

Thanks a lot I literally just found that page...angry isn't the word :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 crazynavigator

Having the same problem setting up my nieces meep.have google chrome too.get as far as serial entering an it does nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Phew I'm not the only one so !
    Santa delivered a MEEP & a INNOTAB 2, all was well until the kids asked about downloading !! (bad Santa :pac:)

I started off with the Innotab and as I don't have a fast internet connection I ended up with about 2 hours of frustration, and still nothing achieved. I went onto Vtecuk.com and downloaded a 30MB .exe file, I then click on this and this starts off a 40MB download, some kind of Navigator program or something! After this downloads it then starts to install, after 18% completion, it gives an error & asks me to reboot the PC, doh !

So I start again, click the .exe and then the 40MB download again, and again the same error. All the while my daughters are nagging me, "is it done yet?" and I'm ready to throw both the tablets & the PC out the window :pac:
    I try a third time, but now my internet is really sloooow, and the vtec website is unresponsive, I eventually get in, disable my Virus protection, turn off the firewall and try again, but no, still the error !!
    The one shining light for the vtec is that I could download songs onto it so she was delighted with that, phew.

I then try the MEEP, but that comes to a halt straight away as you need a wireless router, major DOH !! :eek::o:mad:
    Why can't things be straight-forward ??!!

Advertisement