Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean O'Driscoll sacked by Nottingham Forest! McLeish walking already?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

feel sorry for Forest fans.McLeish plays horrid football ,madness how some of these lads keep getting jobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

McLeish is well liked by the media though, most of them are saying that he is a good appointment and that he coped well with difficult situations at Birmingham and Villa. I can not see any Forest fan falling for that, McLeish is a woeful manager who only manages to get results due to his negative defensive tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Teams have to get relegated. Birmingham on paper should go down and they did, Villa show this season they are useless, so McCleish prob got as much as he could or anyone could out of the players available. I'm not saying he's some great manager but whose to say he won't get Nottm Forest promoted?

He didn't. His tactic's were utterly woeful at times. It's a bit black and white to just say theyre not doing well now so he musn't be as bad. He was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I had a buddy who hadnt been over to Villa Park in a few years until he went over 3 times from January this year util the end of the season.

His reason, he genuinely thought Villa would be relegated under McLeish and wanted to see them in the EPL a few times before they were dragged down.

McLeish is a bluffer.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I had a buddy who hadnt been over to Villa Park in a few years until he went over 3 times from January this year util the end of the season.

His reason, he genuinely thought Villa would be relegated under McLeish and wanted to see them in the EPL a few times before they were dragged down.

McLeish is a bluffer.

Any chance he could go see them again? Hopefully get the same result at the end of the season :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Forrest deserve a lot better than McLeish. Why not stick with O'Driscoll? Or at least, if they sacked him, make sure it's for somebody that is a significant step up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Well that was a good start for Big 'Eck today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

When spoofers like Sepp Blatter get jobs at the highest level then it's easy for the likes of McUseless to land something further down the food chain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Eh, who gives a **** what kind of football he plays? If he gets Forest promoted playing long ball stuff is grenache and the likes going to be in here claiming they would prefer to be knocking it about in the Championship?

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Eh, who gives a **** what kind of football he plays? If he gets Forest promoted playing long ball stuff is grenache and the likes going to be in here claiming they would prefer to be knocking it about in the Championship?
    I'd rather be playing decent football in the Championship than hoofball in the Prem. Forest fans since the days of Johnny Carey in the 60s have been reared on neat passing football.

In any case I don't think it'll come to that as McCleish can't hack it in the PL. And unless he can somehow guide us to an unlikely promotion, he'll probably be getting his marching orders too in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

grenache wrote: »
    I'd rather be playing decent football in the Championship than hoofball in the Prem. Forest fans since the days of Johnny Carey in the 60s have been reared on neat passing football.

In any case I don't think it'll come to that as McCleish can't hack it in the PL. And unless he can somehow guide us to an unlikely promotion, he'll probably be getting his marching orders too in the summer.

Wow! You play to win the game.

Wow! You play to win the game.
    I'm not one of those "ends justifys the means" men. Im a process guy.

My my, as if being thumped by a Blackburn team who'd only won once in ten wasnt enough. Today Forest were totally outplayed for the last 45 minutes by a League One side and beaten at home. Al Hasawis have really shot themselves in the foot here.

McLeish out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

grenache wrote: »
    My my, as if being thumped by a Blackburn team who'd only won once in ten wasnt enough. Today Forest were totally outplayed for the last 45 minutes by a League One side and beaten at home. Al Hasawis have really shot themselves in the foot here.

McLeish out.
    McLeish must be the luckiest guy in football. keeps getting work despite having achieved very little of note.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

As insane as it might sound its true, if someone were to offer us a place in the Premiership playing like Stoke for example i dont think i could swallow it. Now dont get me wrong, i know i'm an idiot for even thinking like that but its just the truth.

Actually **** the apologies, after an era with Big Fat Joe Kinnear and Gary Megson i think anyone would understand. But the Al Hasawi lads werent there for that ride so they've given us McLeish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

If it's any consolation to Forest fans, McLeish's tenure will be so dour and depressing, that his eventual successor will be granted a disproportionately long honeymoon period. This less stressful setting will be crucial, should you test an exciting, unproven manager, or in the event that an overhaul of the squad or a rejuvenation of the playing style is required. The bulk of Villa fans are still behind Lambert's project, even following an 8-0 thumping by Chelsea and an embarrassing 3-0 loss at home to Wigan. I am not so sure this would be the case were he not the successor to McLeish's dispiriting reign. Should Lambert now go on, turn a corner and get Villa consistently back nearer the top part of the table, the club will be ever so slightly indebted to McLeish ;)

Neil3030 wrote: »
    If it's any consolation to Forest fans, McLeish's tenure will be so dour and depressing, that his eventual successor will be granted a disproportionately long honeymoon period. ;)
    Shock horror, the team has played attractive passing football under McLeish so far. In an interview last week he said that the players we have are suited to a passing game, and that he won't be deviating from O'Driscoll's style.

Speaking of Sean O'Driscoll, best of luck to him at Bristol City. He has a big job on his hands.

I'd normally take anything in the Daily Mail with a large piece of salt, but there's probably a large degree of truth to this. Sad really, I just want these cowboys gone before we turn into another Blackburn.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2270918/Alex-McLeish-threat-Nottingham-Forest-bust-owners.html

EXCLUSIVE: McLeish on shaky ground at Forest after bust-up with Kuwaiti owners

Alex McLeish’s position at Nottingham Forest is unclear following a bust-up with the club’s new owners over transfer funds.

The former Scotland manager has had a row with the Kuwaiti owners of the East Midlands club after a tense five weeks since succeeding Sean O’Driscoll.

Matters have been bubbling under ever since O’Driscoll’s sacking with chief executive Mark Arthur, head of player recruitment Keith Burt and Forest ambassador Frank Clark all being asked to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

apparently mcliesh is gone - Michael appleton will be standing by, no doubt - crazy world of football

According to the Nottingham Post, McLeish was quoted as saying he wouldn't be resigning. He refused to give an interview though.

I hope he stays there and digs his feet in, he was reportedly furious with Fawaz the chairman over pulling the plug on the George Boyd deal due to him failing an eye test! If McLeish resigns then Fawaz will probably just hire a yes man and we don't want that.

• Advertisement

McLeish leaves by 'mutual consent'

Stolen from Twitter: Even George Boyd can see there's something wrong at Forest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Enter Roy Keane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Sky News & SS News are running it now. Makes you wonder whats going on at that club.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

Looks like the owners are trying to manage the team instead of running the club, thank god we didnt get them to take over us (Leeds)

Advertisement