Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone go to work for Iberostar on the Canaries for co-op?

Options
  • 26-12-2012 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Just looking to find a bit more info as I leave next week to go for 6 months and want to know if I'm going to be okay without any knowledge of Spanish and what not :)

A helping hand would be lovely :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

I have heard mostly negative things about ibertostar in Fuertaventura (assuming that is where you are going).

Positive things I've heard: Accommodation is free and you get to eat in the restaurant in the ibertostar for free (for breakfast, lunch and dinner). You get to act in a play every night which you have to learn in the morning. You get to learn a bit of german.

Negative things I've heard: The accommodation will be small; tiny kitchen with a medium sized bedroom and a medium sized living room. 2 people sleep in the bedroom and 2 in the living room. You will be in the south of the island and the guests will be mostly german. You will have an extremely low salary as accommodation and food are covered. Food is nice the first time, however as the hotel is catering for people staying roughly a week, the same food is repeated every week. Also I think you might get the leftovers after the main meal times. You will be required to work more than the stated hours given to you and possibly more days then stated. You have to learn new songs and dances each day for a new play every week or two. The feedback cards from guests have +1 amazing -1 good and -3 bad meaning most guests tick good. If you get a negative score you will probably end up working more hours as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

I'm working in Tenerife with another girl :)

I will take your feedback into consideration though, thansk for the help :)

Advertisement