Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor "No Signal" about 5 mins into playing a game

Options
  • 26-12-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

Hi

Hoping someone can help me out here.

Just recently my monitor is losing signal when Im playing any game. Its fine when browsing etc, just when anything graphical is being used.

Changed the HDMI cable, never had this problem before and the computer is only about 3 months old.

My graphics card is AMD 7850. Im sure an update for this was installed the other day, could this be the problem?

Not very good at this so hopefully its only something simple.

Thanks guys/gals

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try updating your graphics card drivers here and see if things improve

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Cheers Nick.

I have tried that and it says i have the latest drivers, last updated 21st Dec.

Never noticed the problem before this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

try disabling all sleepmodes etc in your system settings....let us know if persists. disable all screensavers etc under control panel if windows

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Galway K9 wrote: »
    try disabling all sleepmodes etc in your system settings....let us know if persists. disable all screensavers etc under control panel if windows

Hi Galway,

This didnt make any difference, I did a system restore and same problem.

I downloaded some old drivers for the graphics card and I only got the chance to test for a half hour but I had no loss of signal.

Hopefully this has solved the problem for now.

Advertisement