Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attaching object to thermaboard/block wall

• 26-12-2012 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi,
    I got a nice piece of art for Christmas and was wondering how best to attach it to the wall. The wall has insulated plasterboard dot and dabbed on to block cavity wall and is approx 50mm thick. Not sure of the weight of the object but its heavy enough-maybe 10kg- or so.

Do i drill through the PB into the block and if so, what type of anchor do i use into the block.
    If not and the PB is strong enough, what type of anchor do i use for this.

Cheers
    Bob.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Hi,
    I got a nice piece of art for Christmas and was wondering how best to attach it to the wall. The wall has insulated plasterboard dot and dabbed on to block cavity wall and is approx 50mm thick. Not sure of the weight of the object but its heavy enough-maybe 10kg- or so.

Do i drill through the PB into the block and if so, what type of anchor do i use into the block.
    If not and the PB is strong enough, what type of anchor do i use for this.

Cheers
    Bob.

100-120mm frame fixer and an 8mm sds masonary bit.

Thats what I used to hold up curtain poles and also rads on the insulated slabbed out walls in my house

Job done.:)

Advertisement