Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Losing Apps after update

• 26-12-2012 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭

So I synced and did the backup and did everything I was supposed to do yet I have lost apps after the update.

One in particular was very important. An expensive communciation App for a non verbal child.:mad:

Its one of the reasons I hate Apple. Nothing ever goes right after an update.

The apps are not on my list of apps on itunes now. Any way at all of getting them back? I have an android phone and this is one of the reasons why.:mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

What device do you have? An iPad? The app has disappeared from the iPad after you updated to iOS 6, is that correct? Have you tried downloading them again from the iPad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

What device do you have? An iPad? The app has disappeared from the iPad after you updated to iOS 6, is that correct? Have you tried downloading them again from the iPad?

It is an ipad 2.

I've just gone into the purchased history to see if I can get them that way. With android the updates are so much better. Update and away you go. With the ipad its a nightmare. I've just realised I'm missing loads of them.

Is there no way to update without having lose everything and go find them all again? As I will have to get all the pictures again for the communication App as I will be starting from scratch again. It will take me a long time to do this.

Thanks for your reply.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You shouldn't have lost everything. This has never happened to me. How did you perform the update?

Also, how do you do backups? To itunes or iCloud?

I used itunes to do the backups.

I can now see them all on the purchased history and am downloading them all again. Its just very time consuming.

Is there any better way to do these updates without everything being wiped at the same time?

Another child had an ipod and I don't fancy going though all this again each time. It really puts me off Apple Devices.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Knine wrote: »
    I used itunes to do the backups.

I can now see them all on the purchased history and am downloading them all again. Its just very time consuming.

Is there any better way to do these updates without everything being wiped at the same time?

Another child had an ipod and I don't fancy going though all this again each time. It really puts me off Apple Devices.

You must be doing something wrong, mine never do this either.

• Advertisement

Any ideas on what this may be that I'm doing wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Are you clicking update or restore?

I synced the ipad and then I clicked on update.

I did manage to get everything back again by going though my purchased history. It does take a lot of time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Can't really remember the sequence but if you made a backup you could right click the iPad and click restore from backup and pick the most recent one

Advertisement