Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lemon meringue pie...cheat

Options
  • 26-12-2012 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi

I have a jar of M &S Sicilian lemon curd and was wondering could i Use it for a cheats lemon filling in lemon meringue pie? Should I add anything to thicken it? Or is it a no no?
    Thanks,,,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

I've never had that lemon curd but I have used lemon curd as filling for lemon meringue pie before. I blind bake the pastry spread the curd as thick as possible and bake for 10-15mins like a jam tart. Then do meringue as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I've used the Tesco finest one as a cheat in lemon cheesecake and it's really yum. Have made it from scratch before it's not difficult but am very lazy. I made one with a biscuit base (think it was choccy hob nobs) lemond curd and mascarpone for the topping. I never thicken it but maybe it depends on the brand, the tesco finest one doesn't need anything added to it. The tesco value one though I wouldn't touch too many added stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

...Found Tesco finest lime curd horray!

Advertisement