Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinion on specs

• 26-12-2012 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I am thinking of buying a custom pc with the following specs:

CPU: AMD A8-5600K 3.60 GHz Quad-Core APU w/ Integrated Radeon HD 7560D

HDD: 500GB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 16MB Cache Hard Drive (Single Hard Drive) NOTE: I don't really care about hard drive, I have a 2.5tb one already.

MEMORY: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3/1333MHz Dual Channel Memory (Kingston Value Select)

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte F2A55M-HD2 AMD A55 Chipset, CrossFire supported, Micro-ATX mainboard w/ 2RAM slots, Dual UEFI Bios, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, RAID, 1 Gen2 PCIe x 16, 1 PCIe x 1 & 1 PCI

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

Price for the lot, building and delivery is £500 or about €660. (Including Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, I don't really want Windows 8)

Main use will be gaming (including recording gameplay).
    From what I know this seems like a very good option, but I have saved hard to get this computer and want more experienced opinion before I spend my money. If upgrades are necessary I can stretch the budget to about €700.
    Any advice would be appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Mark

UPDATE: Does this build seem sound for specs if you forget about price?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

You're ordering from CyberPowerPC? Don't, they're poor value for money and they don't ship to Ireland.

I'm super busy at the moment so I can't draw up a build for you, but I'd say people around here would be delighted to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭III

hey man, I don't know much about AMD processors but I know for a fact you can crossfire the A8-5600K with a 75xx or 65xx series gpu. I suggest you get a 65xx saving money at no major loss of performance because frankly the 7770 is overkill for that build. Just my opinion

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Terrible PC for the price. Have a look at this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056837980

Much better graphics card and a much better processor, larger hard drive.
    Should be around 720 euro with Windows added in

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Vladimir VonEire

£500 is 609 euro? You probably wont do much high level gaming on that processor + recording gameplay on top of that is going to kill the fps for a lot of games. I have the 7770 and it is good, the only games I play are Total War, and they all run on high-max fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 markn228

£500 is 609 euro? You probably wont do much high level gaming on that processor + recording gameplay on top of that is going to kill the fps for a lot of games. I have the 7770 and it is good, the only games I play are Total War, and they all run on high-max fine.

Sorry! I messed up the pricing! It's more like £535 with delivery included. euro pricer includes delivery!
    In terms of the processor would it be enough to upgrade to an AMD A10-5800k 3.8Ghz Quad Core? Or would I need to go Intel or move to the AMD FX range?
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement