Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullyvale

Options
  • 26-12-2012 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭

Heya guys,
    Looking for some current info(Last thread that mentions it is a year old) on what the Tullyvale apartments are like. Couple of questions for anyone who is currently living there if you have two minutes?
    1. What are the current tenants/owners like demographically? Students familyies professionals etc
    2. Whats the managment company like to deal with?
    3. How is it for noise, are there many parties etc (I work night at times and need to sleep during the day
    4. What are the average rents that people are paying?
    5. Whats the security like?
    6. Are the leisure facilities any use and are they kept well?

We are a mid twenties couple that work long hours so we want somewhere nice and relativly quiet that we can relax in. I work in Deansgrange so the location would be excellent for me.

Cheers in advance,

Jay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Seems there may only be vodafone broadband there; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80001878

From a Google, it seems that Ben Dunne Gyms opens a place nearby ye in March; http://www.bendunnegyms.com/cherrywood.aspx @ Block C, Cherrywood Business Park, Cherrywood, Co Dublin.

I don't live there, but maybe PM people from the above broadband thread, as they may still live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Oh yeah that was another thing, is UPC available in the Oval which is where Im mostly seeing places or is it as Syco said only voda/eircom?
    Cheers for reminding me.

And for the leisure stuff, the complex actually has its own private pool and gym sauna etc so thats where my question on that was coming from.

Checked with http://www.upc.ie/map/
    Services available at my address:

(Apartment 113 Oval Block R Tullyvale Cabinteely Dublin 18)
    check new address?
    Broadband No
    Digital Television No
    Digital+ No
    Digital+ HD No
    Home Phone No

Have noticed from a few there is cable there, but it's not done my UPC, but by Cable Watch; http://www.cablewatch.tv

And for the leisure stuff, the complex actually has its own private pool and gym sauna etc so thats where my question on that was coming from.
    I assume that it's free once you pay the management fees, and I wonder how many are paying their management fees lately? I'd assume the pool has to be staffed with a lifeguard for Health & Safety reasons, and for insurance reasons, so if people weren't paying their fees I wonder who'd be the first to go; the lifeguard at the pool, or the gym staff. Add the Celtic Tiger bust, and I'd wonder are the machines well maintained?

If you do get a landlord to show you the apartment, ask to be shown the gym. If they give stupid excuses on why they can't, assume that the gym and pool is no longer open, and walk away.

=-=

From August 2012
    MaudL wrote: »
    Hi Tea Drinker,
    Yes we are still there but we are moving out next month. Got a bit tired of being in the no mans land...

The noise I was referring to was actually the wind. It gets very windy in the Winter so if you are sensitive to noise that should definitely be a consideration.
    The apartments themselves are very well sound-proofed internally, we never heard our neighbors and they never heard us.
    There are a few parties from time to time, but they are more like small gatherings of friends for dinner; everybody is quite respectful of others, and there are many families with small children. the price and location definitely keep students and their antics away...
    Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Overall, we have really liked living here, apart from the fact that there are no shops or anything around.
    Thought it'd be worth your attention as you intend to sleep during the day. Seems you hear the wind, and not the neighbours, which is good, but also bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement