Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD TV repair suggestions?

Options
  • 27-12-2012 1:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭

Anywhere open doing TV repairs? Got an old Nordmende LCD TV which just displays large blocks and streaks of colour for 15 mins from cold, but then the picture kicks in. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭sf80

I think when electronics show symptoms of working after warming up it's usually a broken solder joint and a really simple fix, if you can find the problem. Know anyone with a soldering iron who can recognise a bad solder joint? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

sf80 wrote: »
    I think when electronics show symptoms of working after warming up it's usually a broken solder joint and a really simple fix, if you can find the problem. Know anyone with a soldering iron who can recognise a bad solder joint? :)

Also - bad capacitors is very common. My Samsung broke after just a year old - they wouldnt fix it - but it was easyish to fix it using 2 euros of parts from maplins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l0AUj8QUkg

disclaimer: mains electricity hurts and can be dangerous of course - TVs can have high voltages inside, sometimes even after they have been unplugged a while - don't try this at home etc....

“Roll it back”

Advertisement