Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso coffee pods

Options
  • 27-12-2012 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Santa was very kind this year . However we have already run out of the pack of sample coffee pods , don't feel like going into the madness of BT so just wondering just anywhere else sell pods ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Just see this from the main page, you'll discover the 'joy' of Nespresso is that the only places in Ireland that sell the capsules are BTs or the Nespresso website!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

sillysocks wrote: »
    Just see this from the main page, you'll discover the 'joy' of Nespresso is that the only places in Ireland that sell the capsules are BTs or the Nespresso website!
    Try Harvey norman

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

sillysocks wrote: »
    Nope. That's the hassle of nespresso. The joy of nespresso is waking up, reaching over, pushing a button, and having a grand little cup of espresso before farting and getting out of bed! Nespresso. Bedroom coffee. Oh yeah...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Interested in this also. Looks like Santa delivered a few if these. Luckily he included a big box of different type capsules with mine so ok for a while.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

They were selling the machines upstairs in Debenhams the other day (in town), so they might have them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I don't see the issue here. The OP seems to be from Cork... He just doesn't want to go to BT's... so just order online, it only takes 1-2 days for delivery. If you were that excited about the coffee, you'd just go to BT's.

In future you'll know well in advance of when you'll need more, so you'll be able to order it before you run out...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Machines only in Debenhams... No capsules.
    Yeah no big issue. Just would be handy if they sold somewhere other than the city centre. I will be ordering online well in advance anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I don't drink coffee so not a problem for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

Yer OP you're only other bet would be through the nespresso club, I generally find it easier to pop into BT when I'm in town but if that's not convenient then online through the nespresso club thing.

BT is the only spot in town where you can walk in and buy them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Ebay is your friend , the trick with these machines is to plan ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Thanks everyone , I have my answer BT only , get organised or be prepared to queue :)
    Happy New Year to all

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

As far as I know the minimum order from the website is nearly 100 euro. My wife goes to BT's for me and get's about 40 euro's worth a go every 6 weeks or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

horgan_p wrote: »
    Ebay is your friend , the trick with these machines is to plan ahead.

Any capsules, I ever saw on Ebay were dearer than the official website. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Any capsules, I ever saw on Ebay were dearer than the official website. :confused:

Or fake.

Santa was very kind this year .

You know ?
    you can get €40 worth of free capsules if you register your new machine with Nespresso.

http://www.nespresso.com/promo_winter_2012/IE_en/yep.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,830 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

It really is a pain in the hole that BT are the only place in ireland that you can walk in off the street and buy the capsules.

One sunday before christmas the wife went into BT's on grafton street....get a few capsules as she was in town.....holy fcuk.....at least a queue of 60 people.

What a joke - one retailer in the whole of ireland can sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

forget ebay, the cheap ones are awful.
    you have to order 50 capsules minimum from the site but they are always here in 3 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 eth3

mfceiling wrote: »
    It really is a pain in the hole that BT are the only place in ireland that you can walk in off the street and buy the capsules.

One sunday before christmas the wife went into BT's on grafton street....get a few capsules as she was in town.....holy fcuk.....at least a queue of 60 people.

British Telecom are getting into the coffee business now are they? I suppose they could throw down an ould plastic tube beside the fibre network they're laying in England and everyone can have piped coffee to their house on demand.

It's the same in every country... Where I'm living you can only get them in the nespresso shop... If you live in a big country like the States there may not be a shop that sells them for 1000 miles. In the UK they only have them in London and Manchester.

You have a telephone and the internet, so just order online or stop whinging like a child.

The principal of the product is that they limit the distribution in order to maintain close ties with their customers, they make that very clear in all of their marketing material. If you don't like it, you shouldn't have bought into the concept.

#just saying

Agreed 100% , nothing could be simpler, click mouse, courier delivers to door for free. Whats the problem ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Agreed 100% , nothing could be simpler, click mouse, courier delivers to door for free. Whats the problem ?

i heard george clooney is doing the deliveries................

• Registered Users Posts: 12,830 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Bluefoam wrote: »
    It's the same in every country... Where I'm living you can only get them in the nespresso shop... If you live in a big country like the States there may not be a shop that sells them for 1000 miles. In the UK they only have them in London and Manchester.

You have a telephone and the internet, so just order online or stop whinging like a child.

The principal of the product is that they limit the distribution in order to maintain close ties with their customers, they make that very clear in all of their marketing material. If you don't like it, you shouldn't have bought into the concept.

#just saying

How is it whinging like a child?

You buy a coffee machine only to be told - oh you want to buy capsules for it...Yeah well there is one retail outlet in Ireland that stocks them...Yeah you might be in a queue of 40 people....order them online and wait for your postman instead...oh you are at work and can't collect your coffee....tough...have you tried instant?

Simple question....why is one retail outlet allowed to sell the coffee in the whole of Ireland?

You buy a coffee machine only to be told - oh you want to buy capsules for it...Yeah well there is one retail outlet in Ireland that stocks them...Yeah you might be in a queue of 40 people....order them online and wait for your postman instead...oh you are at work and can't collect your coffee....tough...have you tried instant?

Simple question....why is one retail outlet allowed to sell the coffee in the whole of Ireland?

Actually, it's two retail outlets... Brown Thomas Dublin and Brown Thomas Cork

BTW, they will deliver to your office if you like... Problem solved?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

You don't want the wrong kind of people buying these, surely?

Brand slaves FTW... :rolleyes: I had a taste of one of these chez one of our hipster friends the other day and it confirmed for me that the hype is just that. My €20 stove-top cafetière blows Nespresso out of the water any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

They use the same system in Ireland as they do all over the world. A limited number of physical stores but quick delivery from online or phone orders. It takes 2 days from placing your ordet to getting receipt and you need to order at least 50 capsules but thats it...

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

Tesco sell the capsules, I got the machine as well from santa :)

They are 4.99 I think it was for a box of 8. Also if your ever up the Country they are 3.49 is Asda!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

peckerhead wrote: »

Brand slaves FTW... :rolleyes: I had a taste of one of these chez one of our hipster friends the other day and it confirmed for me that the hype is just that. My €20 stove-top cafetière blows Nespresso out of the water any day.

You do know that with the nespresso machine that within 3 minutes of turning the power on you can hive a nice cup of espresso or Lugo coffee with no grinding, cleaning and mess ??

How long does it take you to make a shot of espresso (and clean up after) with your cafetière ?

Personally I find the coffee from the nespreso machines to be excellent. Oh I have drank better but it came from a high end high pressure espresso machine. I have one mat with a low cost setup can makes outstanding coffee but it takes him over 30 minutes to make a cup and he obsesses about his coffee, how he strores it, the type of grinder he uses, etc and even he bought a nespresso machine for his morning cup on the way to work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Just order from the website, you can get 50 pods for 38 quid, and free delivery, simples.

Tesco sell the capsules, I got the machine as well from santa :)

They are 4.99 I think it was for a box of 8. Also if your ever up the Country they are 3.49 is Asda!

No they don't sell nespresso capsules, which are the capsules discussed here. I don't believe they ever came in a box of 8 either.
    They do however sell capsules for the Dolce Gusto, machine, which is not a nespresso.
    What did Santa bring you ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

No they don't sell nespresso capsules, which are the capsules discussed here. I don't believe they ever came in a box of 8 either.
    They do however sell capsules for the Dolce Gusto, machine, which is not a nespresso.
    What did Santa bring you ?

Wrong machine, sorry

Mine is the Dolce Gusto :D

Advertisement