Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso coffee pods

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

debenhams is trying to get the rights to sell the pods but the fact they sell the machines cheaper then most places nespresso is not handing the rights out to them,

At the moment BT is the only place to get them. It's a joke going in their just for coffee I hate BT the amount of sh*t talk that goes on up in the counter Waiting for your pods is a joke..

But then again if you could buy the pods in any shop the whole "nespresso" wouldn't be big as it is while selling the pods only in BT

• Registered Users Posts: 12,830 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Actually, it's two retail outlets... Brown Thomas Dublin and Brown Thomas Cork

BTW, they will deliver to your office if you like... Problem solved?

Small problem with delivering to "my office"....I'm self employed in construction.

One day I'm working in Meath, the next day Kilkenny, the next day could be Offaly....problem not solved....unless I drive to cork or Dublin to queue up for an hour or two behind the 30 or 40 other people who "should have got it delivered to their office"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

mfceiling wrote: »
    Small problem with delivering to "my office"....I'm self employed in construction.

One day I'm working in Meath, the next day Kilkenny, the next day could be Offaly....problem not solved....unless I drive to cork or Dublin to queue up for an hour or two behind the 30 or 40 other people who "should have got it delivered to their office"

Well then get them delivered to a neighbour/friend/family member.

Cork24 wrote: »
    debenhams is trying to get the rights to sell the pods but the fact they sell the machines cheaper then most places nespresso is not handing the rights out to them,

At the moment BT is the only place to get them. It's a joke going in their just for coffee I hate BT the amount of sh*t talk that goes on up in the counter eating for your pods is a joke..

But then again if you could buy the pods in any shop the whole "nespresso" wouldn't be big as it is while selling the pods only in BT

This^^... could I get your name, address, phone number, shoe size, what you had for breakfast.

Would you like a coffee...no, there are 10 people behind me waiting to be served.

Would you like to try something new...no, I just want these few packs and then I'm gone.

Would you like to see our new milk foamer...no, I want to pay and leave.

Would you like to go on our new mailing list...no, I'm nearly dead now.

Would you like to see our new range of machines...actually I think I'll just head on home while I'm still able to.

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Well then get them delivered to a neighbour/friend/family member.

All this fcuking hassle to get a few capsules.

Why not make a deal with superquinn/supervalu?

A lot easier than piss*ng around getting neighbours, friends etc to wait in the house because you want a few coffee capsules for your nespresso machine...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

All this fcuking hassle to get a few capsules.

Why not make a deal with superquinn/supervalu?

A lot easier than piss*ng around getting neighbours, friends etc to wait in the house because you want a few coffee capsules for your nespresso machine...

Did you not know about this when you bought it or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

They sell nespresso compatible capsules in the Mercadona supermarket chain in Spain if on hols !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

This^^... could I get your name, address, phone number, shoe size, what you had for breakfast.

Would you like a coffee...no, there are 10 people behind me waiting to be served.

Would you like to try something new...no, I just want these few packs and then I'm gone.

Would you like to see our new milk foamer...no, I want to pay and leave.

Would you like to go on our new mailing list...no, I'm nearly dead now.

Would you like to see our new range of machines...actually I think I'll just head on home while I'm still able to.

I must have waited 10 minutes up there the other day. Some weird looking, 55 year old was attempting to make chat with every single person she served. The queue kept growing and she didn't care.

Once she realised I wasn't in the chatting mood, she passed me onto another person at the counter who was doing nothing up to this point.

Was a bizarre system.

And the heat up there :eek:

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Did you not know about this when you bought it or something?

Got it as a present.....just assumed you could buy them in more than 1 shop in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Got it as a present.....just assumed you could buy them in more than 1 shop in Dublin.
    What inconsiderate sh1t spent money on a thoughtful gift for you?!? Some people!

Really...

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    What inconsiderate sh1t spent money on a thoughtful gift for you?!? Some people!

Really...

Who said i wasn't grateful to get the present?:rolleyes:

Just a royal pain in the arse that you can't walk into a supermarket and buy the capsules.

Seriously are people on here really thick? One shop in the whole of Dublin can sell the product....one shop....one.....it's fcuking coffee, not gold fcuking bullions.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I find the staff in BT quite good - they mention other products etc whilst processing your sale.

It's the folk who go there to get their egos massaged who are annoying.

"Dahling what's the name of that capsule we liked so much when we were in Schull with Joan and her family?".

"Do you have a card Sir ?"

" A card ? What card ? A Nespresso card, you say. Dahling do we have a Nespresso card ?"

"That will be €23.46 please Sir"

"Where's my credit card. Dahling did you see the Amex ? I know I had it buying the Rolex in Keane's.."

and so on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

BT are not retailers of nespresso capsules, but nespresso themselves operate concessions within BT Dublin and Cork that sell pods and machines - that's why they don't / won't / don't have to sell via any other outlets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Parcelmotel is your answer.

sandin wrote: »
    Parcelmotel is your answer.

Yeah, i've used them before and they're very good in fairness.

When i first read your answer i thought you'd said paracetamol....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

Just got this in the post yesterday, loving it:

http://www.singleservecoffee.com/pictures/nespresso_aeroccino_red.jpg

Free with 300 capsules (Xmas present for myself)

For folks complaining about deliveries online you can put an instruction on the order form ( in case no one home, please leave around the back of my Ferrari garage etc )

Personally I don't mind the BT in Cork, as it's only very busy during holiday season. Also the chicks up there aren't half bad to look at either so that always helps when they're taking your cash :D

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Sounds like some people are not getting their morning coffee in here ;)

Advertisement