Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Devil depicted in Pope Benedict's vestments.

• 27-12-2012 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

This is weird. :eek:

2rd8bdj.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I mistook it for my cat for a minute. Well spotted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Woah :eek: That's frightening :eek:

His face, that is...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Obliq wrote: »
    Woah :eek: That's frightening :eek:

His face, that is...;)
    It is like the Star Wars movies, as time progresses and he moves further to the dark side be becomes more wrong looking.

MrP

That's pretty damn wrong looking. I think he's clearly reached the dark side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I had predicted who the OP was, its a miracle! It looks more like Batman... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I had predicted who the OP was, its a miracle! It looks more like Batman... :P

More of a Michael Keaton/Val Kilmer than a Christian Bale I would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Pope Palpatine looking well

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Here's one that hasn't been 'shopped:

234071.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Yes - it's called a stole - here is what it actually looks like before shooping.

234074.jpg

Here's another picture of Ratzinger wearing the same vestment, this time without any 'shopping. The original image is here and a larger version here.

234073.jpg

• Advertisement

robindch wrote: »
    Here's one that hasn't been 'shopped:

So Batman isn't on it ..... :(

Corkfeen wrote: »
    So Batman isn't on it ..... :(
    Nope, Unfortunately. And while his eyes can be a bit freaky looking, they're nothing like what's been shopped above. And the job on his teeth is really dreadful. The 'shopper should be ashamed of himself.

Nope, Unfortunately. And while his eyes can be a bit freaky looking, they're nothing like what's been shopped above. And the job on his teeth is really dreadful. The 'shopper should be ashamed of himself.

And I always found RTDH to be such a reliable trove of knowledge..... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

So was RTDH wrong, lying or both?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Sarky wrote: »

O wrong. He probably won't link to whatever website he found it on for fear of the slagging that would ensue. And sure hes right in that, at least.

Oh. I'm SO gullible it ain't funny :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Oh dear, proven to be photoshopping, that's a surprise..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

krudler wrote: »
    Pope Palpatine looking well

Thanks for the compliment! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

pH wrote: »
    Yes - it's called a stole - here is what it actually looks like before shooping.

234074.jpg

Not batman or devils then. Just some creatures with alien's heads and reptilian bodies :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Pope+Benedict.jpg

Stop now
    enough of this nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

recedite wrote: »
    Not batman or devils then. Just some creatures with alien's heads and reptilian bodies :D

It appears that one of rtth's "theories" is that the Catholic church is actually a huge satan worshiping cult, but being so successful at covering up this aspect they can't resist putting satanic markings on various bits and pieces of clothing - so those "in the know" (I guess like rtth) can spot them.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78774908&postcount=15

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The pointy ears are my favourite part of the picture.
    Like an orcses, so it is, my precious.

It really is disgraceful when people deliberately twist their side of the argument by manipulating images by using photoshop. I'm disgusted.

benny.jpg

This is weird.
    pH wrote: »
    [...] here is what it actually looks like before shooping.
    "A+A: Helping the religious learn about religion since 2005!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Was I the only one expecting a drawing of Satan wearing the popes costume and pope hat?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

You're harsh you are! As a photoshop professional I thought them quite well done!

Dades wrote: »
    You're harsh you are! As a photoshop professional I thought them quite well done!
    It's not that bad a photoshop, but the ears really give it away, the blur at the edge is a bit too.. blurry!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Hadn't even noticed the ears! Thought the choppers were good though. :)

So now that we know that Run to da hills is either complicit in faking this picture or he fell for it hook line and sinker, should we be reviewing all of the the other 'theories' he as posted in a new light?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You mean you ever took any of 'em seriously? :confused:

Scrap the cap!

ninja900 wrote: »
    You mean you ever took any of 'em seriously? :confused:

Of course not, but the entertainment value is in ridiculing these theories.

Yeah, it starts off as 'hah, look at that funny **** those people belive' but ends up with the rather depressing realisation that a significant chunk of humanity will believe any old crap in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. It's actually very easy to make people believe in something that they find reassuring, or that confirms and builds upon their existing beliefs or prejudices. Religions exploit this relentlessly.

Scrap the cap!

See this thread is a beautiful example of why so many users of this forum are atheists. Offered a crazy situation, instead of saying "wow that's cool/weird etc." the reply comes "I dunno, colour me skeptical, let me just look into this a bit." :D

Dades wrote: »
    Ok, well, let me be clearer: it was obvious it was a photoshop job (bad lassoing all over, pointy-haired-boss on his robes, the recessed eyes, the discolored skin, and especially the manky teeth), so that's a fail in my book.

But for making Ratzinger look like the walking dead, well, the 'shopper did a fine job of that.
    juan.kerr wrote: »
    should we be reviewing all of the the other 'theories' he as posted in a new light?
    Since it was rtth, I was expecting to see a barcode on Ratzinger's robes. Still am, actually.
    ShooterSF wrote: »
    "I dunno, colour me skeptical, let me just look into this a bit."
    See comment above -- also waiting for rtth to say a big thanks to everybody for helping him out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

His teeth are awful!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Dude I'm just happy it wasn't another ****ing thread about barcodes and RFID tags ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'm not sure he could answer that himself.

Since it was rtth, I was expecting to see a barcode on Ratzinger's robes.

The Vatican has gone RFID, the barcode of the beast is old hat.

Scrap the cap!

• Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭Readyhed

Here's one that I found somewhere

234508.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I never believe anything I see on the internet any more, especially after the eagle lifting the infant a few weeks ago.

From now on, I'm just going to walk around muttering "fake, fake, fake" all day.

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    I never believe anything I see on the internet any more, especially after the eagle lifting the infant a few weeks ago.

From now on, I'm just going to walk around muttering "fake, fake, fake" all day.

I'm always very weary of stuff posted on the net and it gave me a great feeling one day when someone posted a fantastic tale on Facebook and I read it thinking yeah, yeah yeah soooo fake snopes here I come. Then it turned out to be true; It was the cab ride/old lady story and I reread it and it has stuck with me since because it was that one story I knew was fake by just how fairy tale esque it was only to find out I was wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

does the devil exist anywhere else other than religion?? If it wasn't for religion nobody would have heard of him, apart from fictional writers who also learned of him through religion of course.

Advertisement