Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferguson escapes FA Punishment-How?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

This isn't true to be fair, when a police officer stops a motorist and discovers they are over the alcohol limit, they don't book them for attempted murder.

If SAF accused someone of attempted murder on live TV then the police would need to look into it, never mind the FA.

If you knocked someone down whilst drunk you can be bloody sure you could be up on murder charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,390 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Please take a look at each previous case of the FA punishing a manager. How many of those managers accused the refs of being biased towards the opposition? Do you really think all of them will be because of this? Or does bad behaviour also warrant punishment?

Cite them please - you will find most of them relate to comments such as 'the ref was afraid to make the call' - the implication being the ref knew the call made was wrong, but cheated. Or that he gave a penalty cause it was United/City/Chelsea/Liverpool etc.

For me, bad behaviour shouldn't automatically mean punishment - incidents should be looked at individually. Fergie's 'conversation' with the linesman yesterday certainly doesn't look good, but given that we don't know what was said I'm not going to say he certainly should be punished for it, though I would not be surprised if he had been.

Though, I do find it funny that Fergie was banned for saying a ref was unfit, and nothing seems to be getting done about Mancini implying the same (saying the ref ate too much for christmas). But yeah, obviously Fergie gets the better treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Where did it say "tried to kill him"? Still failing to see that. Please do point it out. Because what Ferguson has said does not imply that Williams tried to kill him.

In your own time.

If I say "I saw a lad on the street carry around a knife and then deliberately attack them, it could have killed him" does that sound like I'm accusing someone of attempted murder? It does and it does in quote a cute way. Replace knife with football and street with pitch and it's basically what Ferguson said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,390 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If you knocked someone down whilst drunk you can be bloody sure you could be up on murder charges.

manslaughter charges, I think you will find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

If I say "I saw a lad on the street carry around a knife and then deliberately attack them, it could have killed him" does that sound like I'm accusing someone of attempted murder? It does and it does in quote a cute way. Replace knife with football and street with pitch and it's basically what Ferguson said.
    ancient-aliens-guy-big-hair-giorgio-tsoukalos.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

manslaughter charges, I think you will find.

Look the whole drink driving comparison is a wrong one to debate,I think the comment above explains it better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah, no.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement