Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pork sale on Slane Road between Navan and Slane

Options
  • 27-12-2012 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

There's a sign for pork and bacon sale near few houses on the N51 between Slane and Navan. Anyone have any experience with them? Is the pork safe and good quality?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Saw it this morning.
    It's a factory shop and has to meet all the health and safety regulations as anywhere else.
    Factory shops like this one sell to the public at less than you pay for it in the supermarket and for slightly more than they sell to supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Seen it too
    Seems to be a regular house

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Seen it too
    Seems to be a regular house

No, it's in a building attached to a house, looks like a proper set-up, chillers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Just look for his licence to trade cert and Haccp plan on the wall maybe a food hygiene cert ...

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

Top class stuff in there. All organic food they sell. Comes from Shalvenstown farm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,758 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Geezer1000 wrote: »
    Top class stuff in there. All organic food they sell. Comes from Shalvenstown farm.

Are the prices similar to shop prices or a bit more?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Must give him a shout
    Any good deals goin for the freezer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Any chance of google map link to location?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

53.696718,-6.601869

Type that into google maps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Called in on Friday. He does loads of stuff. Picked up some quarter pounders as I was a bit light spondooligs wise and they were absolutely gorgeous. I'm normally a fatty burger gal and these were very lean but still lovely & juicy.
    Nice man to call into too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

washiskin wrote: »
    Called in on Friday. He does loads of stuff. Picked up some quarter pounders as I was a bit light spondooligs wise and they were absolutely gorgeous. I'm normally a fatty burger gal and these were very lean but still lovely & juicy.
    Nice man to call into too.

I hope there were no horses on site! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

chewed wrote: »
    I hope there were no horses on site! ;)

Craft butcher, all you have to do to know is look out the field ;)

Advertisement