Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wifi not working properly

Options
  • 27-12-2012 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭

some things connect fine

other devices won't connect at all including new sony xperia phone and sky on demand

i have a netopia 2247-02 modem

tested phone on friends eircom wireless and it worked fine (blue modem not sure of model)

any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

some things connect fine

other devices won't connect at all including new sony xperia phone and sky on demand

tested phone on friends eircom wireless and it worked fine (blue modem not sure of model)

any help?

Hi refusetolose
    Can you confirm that you are same address and same account details as last case ( in 2011) last digits 922??
    Can you connect to internet via ethernet cable? Do any devices work over Wi Fi?
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Hi refusetolose
    Can you confirm that you are same address and same account details as last case ( in 2011) last digits 922??
    Can you connect to internet via ethernet cable? Do any devices work over Wi Fi?
    Tony

hi tony

yep thats the correct details

i can connect with ethernet no problem

some devices will not connect to the wifi though (sky on demand which is useless without the wifi and sony xperia phone ,also fairly useless without wifi)

but other devices connect fine to the wifi (laptop,pc,samsung phone)

as i said in my first post, i tried the sony phone on a friends eircom wireless (blue modem) and it worked fine

any chance of getting a newer modem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

got the phone connected using no security but mac address needed

still need to get the sky on demand connected yet but cant find a mac address for the on demand box

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

some things connect fine

any help?

Had the same issues with on demand and samsung mobile phones. Turns out I couldn't connect as they were on WEP security settings. Try changing your security settings, should work

Advertisement